Dolphin for Lunch!!

Is there anything better than trying a new dish and really liking it?

I went to this nice restaurant today near my work and had a Macadamia Nut Covered Mahi Mahi. I am always reluctant to try new foods at restaurants in case I don't care for it then I feel obligated to eat it-especially so when someone else is buying, such as today. However, this was the yummiest non-chicken dish I have had in a long time.

Okay, okay, I DO eat chicken at about 90% of my meals so the mahi mahi really only had to beat out the other ten percent of all meals I eat, which would be some boring potato product or pasta....but wow-VERY good meal today!!

I didn't know anything about the mahi mahi until I got back to the office. These are the facts:

Mahi-mahi is a Hawaiian word that means "strong-strong" for dolphin fish (though some websites are saying that it means "dolphin")....wait...did I just eat a DOLPHIN???
Mahi-mahi have a lifespan of no more than three to four years.
Sport catches average 7 to 13 kg (15 to 25 pounds). Over 18kg is exceptional.
Their flesh is very low fat (less than 1%), with a firm moist texture and mild, almost sweet flavor.
They are distinguished by dazzling colors: golden on the sides, bright blues and greens on the sides and back. When they are removed from the water, the fish often change between several colors, finally fading to a muted yellow-grey upon death.

VERY good dish...but a dolphin? Really...a dolphin???
(Regardless-I'd eat it again!)

My job interview this morning went really well. It sounds like a good place to work. I should know by Monday what's going on. It would be in the same building as my friends, which would be nice, as I don't feel I have many "friends" in this one. When I stopped by the floor where the people I know work, I was flooded with this instant feeling of being "welcome" there. I was like Norm walking into Cheers....everyone was saying my name, everyone was happy to see me, it was nice.

I got stuck playing this stupid game the other day. It's like a fast version of Monopoly, which I would enjoy if it didn't take four days to play (and if my son didn't beat me all the time). This is a much better way to play...though I realize that it's an absolute waste of time. The kid loved it too, though I think he felt the same way when he walked away: "did I just lose an hour of my life playing that game?"

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails