Book Lover?

What is wrong with me? It has been almost two full weeks since I've read a book! I can't believe it...I can't remember the last time that's happened.
Maybe I'm ill?
Maybe I'm going through a major crisis in life (but shouldn't I know about it??)?
Maybe I am not managing my time well enough?
What do I do every night? Why am I not reading???

I read part of my new Psychology Today magazine this weekend, but just some random short articles, nothing that is real "reading."

It's not that there isn't a plethora of books out there that I want to read. Here's a few:

















My book list is HUGE. I just don't have time for all the books I want to read-and more keep coming out each month! It's a bit overwhelming.

I used to have a 15-20 minute bus ride to work every day, each way, and would read the entire time. I also used to read at lunch time, now I read other blogs or type my own. I don't really feel like I have time to read at home, as there is too much work to do around the house and I recently started feeling guilty about taking an hour to read when I could have done something more productive, like organize my closet or clean underneath my bed, or any of the other fifty things I should get done at any given time.

Sometimes my son and I will each have a good book and we'll just hang out on my bed or the couch and get a nice warm blanket and settle down for a couple hours to read. It used to happen much more frequently, but now he's getting too old to really appreciate those times. He did read for the entire three hour trip home from grandma's house on Sunday though! I don't know what I would do if my child wasn't a reader...are we born that way or are we molded that way? I like to think that I helped create a reader by my behavior/actions. When he was little, it was the best treat in the world to get to go to the bookstore and buy a new book. He thought books were like gold. My sisters children would color in them or rip out the pages, but my son would hold them carefully, turn the pages slowly, and kept them away from all fluids of any kind. I loved that then, I love it now.


Books are knowledge, books are power-everyone should read!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails