Book Chat



It's a good night to stay out late to sit at a bookstore with strangers wearing robes and stand in line to buy a pre-reserved copy of a 794age book which will be finished by the end of the weekend.


Speaking of books, I just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini, who wrote one of my favorite books, The Kite Runner.



Khaled's second book had a lot to live up to-as I LOVED the Kite Runner. I think I actually LOVE A Thousand Splendid Suns even more!!! I finished this book in just a day and a half, though I was home sick one day and stayed up until after 1am the next. I can't say enough good things about this writer---he is just amazing.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    All of the people hating on Scotland should really do some research. All countries have horrible people, but that doesn't mean they don't have nice people too. Also alcohol is drunk in just about every country, not just Scotland. I happen to live in Scotland, and I drink no alcohol nor do I take any drugs or medicine. I could go on, but I'll just keep it short and say that just because a group of people live somewhere else in the world doesn't make them any different than yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails