Just Me and My Furry Friends

So it's just me and the cats.

What do people without kids DO all night??
My baby left on Sunday morning. Early, but not as early as we planned. We got to the airport a bit late, though I thought we could waltz in whenever we wanted and the airline would accomodate us. Apparently, United Airlines disagrees with that philosophy.


Last time I flew, for the trip to my Filemaker training, I hit major traffic on the way to the airport. I got to the airport with about 20 minutes to spare before my flight was due to leave. Somehow---I made the flight. I think they might have snuck me underground in their secret employee-only tunnel and whisked me into the aircraft through the belly of the plane. I was on that flight and had my book out and shoes off before the plane was fully boarded. After arriving at the airport with only TWENTY minutes to spare.

That, however, was NOT with United Airlines. That was the wonderfully accomodating Northwest Airlines. They care about their passengers and just want you to get to your destination.

United told us - sorry, we can't access any check-in information within 45 minutes of the flight. Sigh...so it was 40 minutes when we got there. Seriously, are we going to let 5 minutes come between us, United? After all we've been through? Apparently.
Luckily, there was plenty of room on the next flight. Which is odd, since two weeks prior when I made my reservations, that flight was not available.

Whatever. United Airlines is obviously not passenger friendly. I'll keep that in mind for next time. The boy's flight home is on Northwest, so I feel pretty secure in him making it back on time.

So now it's just me and the kitties.


0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails