Birthday Memories


Here's a fun game: Guess who said the following statements last weekend:

Singing a song to her child (and encouraging the child to dance to it): "Superman's a Ho"

In the middle of a game with her grandkids and daughters-we had to guess things that are made from Leather, this came up from someone (like my mom maybe) revealing the answers:"Think of sex....a leather WHIP!"

On the morning of his 15th birthday (too big of a hint?): "Grandma's hairbrush is stuck in my hair!"


wow...you know it was a fun birthday weekend with comments like that!!


My wonderful sister sang part of this song for us and made her daughter do the dance that goes along with it (I say part of the song because she never knows all the words to ANY song-aside from Devil Went Down to Georgia):
Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe
Watch Me Lean And Watch Me Rock
Super Man Dat Hoe
Then Watch Me Crank Dat Robocop
Super Fresh, Now Watch Me Jock
Jocking On Them Haterz Man
When I Do Dat Soulja Boy
I Lean To The Left And Crank Dat Dance
(Now You)
I'm Jocking On Yo ***** ***
And If We Get The Fightin
Then I'm Cocking On Your *****
You Catch Me At Yo Local Party
Yes I Crank It Everyday
Haterz Get Mad Cuz
"I Got Me Some Bathin Apes"

Yeah, and now that song will be stuck in your head all day, right? Me too. Catchy song.

Is music getting worse and worse? I think so too. Remember the old days when mothers sang lullabies and such? Not anymore....now we sing songs about "hos" and "jocking things." Rap artists are really just making up words and saying they mean something - and we're buying into it. I'm going to start making up words too! I'll keep you posted on what I come up with. The radio guys were talking about little girls' costumes for Halloween and described the style as "Prostitot" - I love that made up word! And it very accurately tells you exactly what it means, as opposed to the Superman song.


And I have no excuse for the sweet grandmother that my child has mentioning sex when the answer is "Whip." After a full 12 seconds of complete silence, we all laughed so hard that we nearly peed our pants. I think that the majority of us would have envisioned a bull whip or something along those lines...but not Andrew's grandmother!


And the last story, well, that involves the birthday boy, his shaggy hair and a round brush - and a very funny moment in time, but I won't embarrass him by telling his story...but OMG-he's hilarious. But just as a disclaimer - I too have issues with those round brushes - they are tricky!!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails