Happy Take-Over-The-Indians-Land Day!


This was what one of the bloggers I read had to say about being thankful. I like the randomness.

I'm thankful for Mangesh not hanging any weird stuff in our office. For the strict enforcement of my bus line's cellphone ban. For tabbed browsing. For the imaginary first down indicator. For the grilled cheese sandwiches at Amy's Bread in New York's Chelsea Market. And for the fact that my doctor said if I walk more, I don't have to join a gym.


Here's my own (though I'm not celebrating the american holiday of thanksgiving):
I'm thankful I have a job I love to go to (almost) everyday and that my manager is very reasonable and logical. For my thick and shiny hair. For my group of volunteer friends. For my beautiful cat, Ginger, being trained to be a lap cat (it was a hard battle to convince her it was a good thing). For my son being dedicated to his schoolwork enough that I don't have to harass him to value his education. For The Office, which provides TONS of laughs in my house every week. For washers and dryers. And for the fact that we will have a new president in a very short amount of time.


That's not an exhaustive list of course. I wouldn't possibly have the time to list them out, and yes, I recognize that I didn't list out all my family - this isn't to say I'm not thankful for them.

I think I'm going to start looking for a weekend babysitting job. I like kids now and again and I have a master plan to save every bit of money I get from an outside income and see what I can collect over the year. I was a bit inspired by this post by a blogger - She only makes $21K/yr but she increased her value by $12K last year by doing simple things like babysitting and house sitting and investing correctly. $12K in one year by doing simple things..that's an easy way to a down payment on a house!

And I don't typically have big plans every Friday or Saturday night, so why not line up three or four families and help out for their Night on the Town....and typically they would need someone at night and so the majority of the time, the munchkin will be asleep anyway so I can do what I would do at home - watch a movie or read a book-BUT I'd get paid.

Ugh, I should have started this last year! I could have had $12,000 extra dollars by now!! That's about 15 months of rent. Or a down-payment on a house. Or a nicer car (not that I don't like mine). Or 12000 rolls of wrapping paper from the Dollar Store.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails