Sad Night

Uncle Dick is very ill. He most likely will not make it through the night...

I don't think I've seen him since I was in high school..I don't know his new wife and I have no idea what his adult children look like, but I grew up with this fun-loving, crazy Uncle Dick, who would arrive to the familys house on his motorcycle, with his leather jacket and a cigarette. He was the "cool" one.

Even though it's been forever and a day since I have seen him, I will always have the pleasure of having had him in my life. Growing up would not have been the same without each and every one of my aunts and uncles and to know that one of them is, soon to be, no longer with us is heartbreaking.

And everyone at this time tonight is in the midwest gathered together to say goodbye to one of our own. I wish I was there.

I am without words.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails