Other Peoples Thoughts

I check all these random Deal-A-Day sites and some of them have emails that go out to any subscriber to alert them to the deal of that day. Helpful.

One of them: Steep and Cheap, is f.u.n.n.y.

Funny in a quirky way that I like-just random thoughts. It's usually just about four or five lines about some very odd subject, nothing that ever relates to anything. However-he had a great Valentines Day rambling blog....and I'll just copy it for you all since I'm sure no one I know subscribes to his blog like I do.

Valentine's Day annually marks the triumph of Hallmark's marketing team over America. Let's be honest, the holiday's only good for florists and gift card writers. If you just started dating a girl, Valentine's Day forces you into an awkward romantic setting where you're supposed to behave a certain way even if you aren't ready. It's almost just as bad later in relationships. People (women) have high expectations for the night, and the holiday never quite seems up to spec. And if you actually plan a crazy romantic night like something out of a movie I wouldn't like watching, then you know the bar will be raised even higher next year. It's even worse for single people since it's just a sad reminder that the only thing keeping the other side of the bed warm is a dog they care about way, way too much.


I'm with him-Valentines Day is stupid. Why do we fall for this fake holiday?

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails