Back to Normal

My son is back!!
I wish I could say that he had a great visit with his dad, unfortunately, I do not think that this will ever be possible. It's a sad situation, one that makes me feel helpless as it's not something I can fix.

On a positive note----we had a wonderful welcome back dinner at Olive Garden - I love their stuffed chicken and mashed potatoes. The kid had some kind of pasta with shrimp and scallops and I think he had to fight off the urge to lick the bowl-he seemed to really enjoy it.

And we had a great 24 hrs together...and then he left again!! His friends family invited him to go camping with them-very fun! He'll be spending the next week fishing, innertubing, chasing wildlife (squirrels), shooting bb guns in the woods (with the parents), playing guitar by the campfire and getting lots of fun in the sun with friends.

My friends and I went to bingo last night....and lost AGAIN. What is up with this? The odds would say that at some point-one of us would win. But we've gone about 4 or 5 times now and have won NOTHING. We got plenty of mean and nasty looks last night, but no one went to the trouble of shushing us this time, which was a nice change.

My group of female friends got to meet the new boyfriend of young Natalie. We are hesitant about it because she's very clearly head-over-heels, but we are leery that she will get her heart broken. She's only 19. However, Sammy seems to be a good match for her.

I cleaned out a good portion of my closet and have two large bags of clothes to take to goodwill. I've been holding on to clothes that don't fit just because I really like them...but at this point, I have 4 large containers of Too Small Clothes, it wasn't hard to sort that down to just two containers. It feels good to get rid of some of it. I'd like to get rid of the other two, but I'm not quite ready for that yet. I still have high hopes of needing them within six-eight months.

I bought two new plants today - both say they like low light, so I'm hoping they have a chance to survive.

Have a fairly busy week ahead of me at work. Not very excited about it.

Still have three books to read, two of them are overdue now, so I'm in a rush to get through them.

1 comments:

  1. Nat said...:

    Hahaha.. I'm glad you approve of "Sammy." You dork.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails