Observations of the Day



I paid $4.60 at Starbucks for a mocha and a rice krispie treat. If I had to guess at what the two were really worth, I would guess it was valued at approximately $1.95. It woke me up though and helped me survive my morning at work without being sluggish.

The new guy at the cafeteria seems to have no problem pulling out only broccoli for my side on wrap day-which is nice because otherwise I have to just throw away the peppers and big onion-y things that are served with the broccoli and that's just wasteful.

I'm giving up the FiberOne bars and cereal I have been eating daily - I think there's definitely such a thing as too much fiber and it's not the best way to live. They are delicious and nutritious, but really...fiber needs to be controlled.

This old guy drove EXACTLY 25mph all the way up the hill to work-even when the road is at a downward slope and the car naturally wants to accelerate to 30 or maybe 35mph-he managed to maintain his 25mph the WHOLE way. It's 3.4 miles, people!!! His dedication to the speed limit added at least 12 minutes to my commute.

I have 3 books to read and they are all due on the 8th and I can’t renew any of them and they all have long waiting lists. I don’t think I’ll make it…unless I just not go to work the next three days. That's the only way I can imagine having a good outcome on this situation.

I think there must be something in the air in my apartment that causes all plants to cease living. I would guess I have had at LEAST 5 plants that I have bought this year commit plant-suicide (planticide). I have only bought six. They just seem to die. One of them somehow jumped out of its container even, and THEN somehow managed to make it look like my sweet little kitty might have had something to do with it.

I told two teenage boys yesterday that I am clearly a superhero, because I can give birth. It might have been inappropriate and it might also have made them uncomfortable. One of them said Shit in front of me later though, and I let it slide and mentally called it even between us. I think it was a mutual understanding.

No matter whether I wear surgical gloves or not, I somehow always manage to get super-glue on my fingers each time I use it.

This year is going by SO fast! Summer is almost over!! And that means it's almost Presents Day!! And then it will be 2009. And then I will be 35. And then I will be old. Sad.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails