Chris Rock: Voice of the People


I don't always agree with Chris Rock OR Larry King….but this interview was great.


This was one of my favorite parts:

KING: You must be ... proud that at this stage in our history a black man is running for president on a major ticket.

ROCK: Um, you know what? I'm proud Barack Obama's running for president. You know? If it was Flavor Flav, would I be proud? No. I don't support Barack Obama because he's black.

This is what I think a lot of people are missing: it's not just whether someone is black or female---it's whether they are a good option. The Alaskan lipstick wearer is on the ticket but I am most definitely not supportive of her. I consider myself a good strong believer in standing up for your fellow woman, however, as nice and motherly and kind that uterus-bearer might be….she just is not qualified to be the Vice-President. It's kind of a big deal…she's running as second in command to a man in his SEVENTIES who has had some serious health problems in the past. Ovaries or not-she is not a good choice.

McCain has had multiple skin lesions removed—the last one (on his face) was just over 2 centimeters in diameter and was the most invasive and dangerous form of skin cancer (and any primary tumor in the skin thicker than 1 millimeter is considered at an increased risk for "having dissociated," or moved to other parts of the body). McCain is at greater risk for recurrence because of his age, gender, and multiple bouts with melanoma, but he has been cancer free since 2002. (and note that there currently is no cure for melanoma once it spreads).

McCain is 72…the average male life expectancy in the U.S. is 76. McCain's father died of heart failure at 70. Granted, his mama is a sweet little old lady in her 90's….but does that ensure that this guy is going to make it? I would guess that I could easily find a million and four cases where men died earlier than their elderly mom.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails