It's still very surreal.
I'm going to miss some of the people I used to work with, but I'm sure that I will meet some new and wonderful people who will be fun as well. From all the people I have met thus far in this company both in my interview with this company two years ago and then again last month - I think that they are just a wonderful and amazing group.
I'm not too nervous-it just "feels right" to be making this change.
And that's a great feeling.
I remember making the decision to move to Korea back in yet another lifetime. It was a BIG decision and one I didn't come to lightly, but it also just "felt right" once I finally made the decision.
Other things that "feel right":
- Thai peanut sauce mixed with chicken and spread over white rice
- Being accepting of others regardless of religion, sexual preference, nationality, english speaking abilities, age, IQ, financial statement
- Leading volunteer projects with large or small groups of volunteers
- Doing a puzzle while watching a movie, with a comfy blanket and a cat nearby and enjoying a cherry coke
- Hot fudge poured over a warm and moist brownie with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Getting weekly massages and having my insurance company pay for them
- Hanging out with my girls at the bingo hall, just talking about life and working on winning a thousand dollars
- Cranberry juice and vodka
- Having a house with two lovable, squeezable cats
- Organizing my closet and getting rid of a trunk-ful of items which I have thought were important in the past, but which I have discovered are just "things"and no longer need to be kept in order for the memory surrounding the item to be treasured
- Regis and Kelly Ripa
- Grilled chicken breast (boneless of course) with a side of garlic mashed potatoes
You just know some things go together....some things just give you a good feeling.