Book of the Week

I wanted to take on the 100-book challenge, but I'm chicken. I'm certain that every year for the last 5 years I read at least 150 books---but only because I read the bus 40 minutes each day to get to and from work. This year though, no such situation. I now work about a 10-minute drive to get to and from work (and it's not feasible to ride the bus).
I think one book a week is more my speed.

And this is last week's book:
Without a Backward Glance by Kate Veitch

I would definitely recommend it - It's an easy read.
I'm sure all mothers have wondered what it would be like to just walk away from the family, right? RIGHT???? Raising kids is hard. Being married is hard. Being married with kids is H.A.R.D. And I think it's natural to wonder "what would have been" at any time in our life. What would life be if I hadn't done this or that...how different would my life be if I had done this instead of that, etc.

Well this book is about a mom of four children who actually followed through with just walking away from the family, as told through the voices of the children. An interesting story.

Kate Veitch is a good writer - I think switching between voices is very difficult for a writer but she did it smoothly, the transitions worked and the voices came through so you weren't questioning who you was "speaking."

And now on to the next book......
Woohoo---I'm going to Vegas!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Comment. I commented!

  1. When are you going?

    I am going to be there Feb 25th through March 1rst :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails