Just Some Bad Fashion Moves, said the snob behind the blog

I have nothing to say. Nothing at all.

These photos leave me slightly speechless. Anyone who knows me knows that I am NO fashionista-not by ANY means. I am happiest in a pair of jeans and my Danskos (much to some of my coworkers dismay).

However, I feel that if I was a celebrity, making approximately $290,000/an hour and if I knew that I would most likely be photographed at any minute, AND most especially if I was going to an event where I would be required to walk down a special carpet with a row of photographers standing by to take numerous photos of me while I stand and turn to each side and smile at them --- I might have a friend (or seven) on hand to help me decide about questionable clothing. Or I might just ask my doorman on my way out.



These are some that even a non-fashionista can recognize as bad ideas...



And in no way am I being snobby about clothing. I think people should be original and show their personality in their clothing, but um, it shouldn't be painful for the public at large to look your way. AND keep in mind that their actual job is being a celebrity-whether they enjoy it or not---so make us like to look at you, please, seriously---PUHLEASE.









This is Katy Perry. She kissed a girl and she liked it. She is a singer. She is wearing a spandex onesie and carrying a small children's purse. She is new to the celebrity lifestyle so she is somewhat excused from knowing what is appropriate for photos, but is she new to clothing in general? This is something you wear to the beach. In the 1960's (minus the push up add ins that are a bit much).

She is quite pretty - I think she would look great with more clothes on. Or just different ones. Or better ones.





Paula....sigh...Paula Abdul is mystical. I'm pretty certain she has some kind of addiction she is battling. These are photos from across the last decade - nothing seems to have changed. She has a very um, unique sense of fashion. She is the girl who never has to worry about showing up at a party wearing the same thing as someone else - cause no one else would wear these things. (to be fair - hookers might wear the top middle photo. And pixies or fairies might wear the bottom right dress).















Gwyneth Paltrow....trying to look as much like a grandmother as possible? I don't hate this dress, I just don't think that it's a good match for her. She looks so pale....and old....and matronly...and pale.
















The token male in the group. Justin Timberlake. I like him, I genuinely do. Except in this photo. I just don't even know what he was thinking. He must have seen this on a hanger and actually nodded that Yes, I do want to wear that. So it was a conscious decision...and I just don't get that.















Heidi Klum - I think she's a supermodel? (whatever that means)




This is a fun outfit as it totally reminds me of the late 80's. The crop shirt with stripes and all the colors mixed together and the acid-washed skin-tight jeans that are a tad too short (but to be fair, I think she is about 8 feet tall)....the whole package is a wonder.
I wish she was wearing leg warmers - like in a sparkly pink color. It would really complete this outfit.








Ashley Judd is just simply a beauty. She can be makeup free and in a turtleneck and running shorts, wearing house slippers-and she would be pretty. However, she put on this little number and I was considering whether she shouldn't have NOT gone with her gut in buying it.




















**OH - and I'm edging up on my 350th post and I think that is special. I'm turning 35 soon and I'm hitting my 350th post soon. That's like magic or something, right?

SO----for my 350th post I'm hosting my very first giveaway. It's going to be WONDERFUL. You'll want to be around for it. Stay tuned.....

5 comments:

  1. kilax said...:

    I think Katy Perry is trying too hard to be original. And the others... yikes.

    Your comments totally crack me up.

    Can't wait to see what the giveaway is... free wardrobe advice? ;)

  1. Nat said...:

    KAYLEN!!! When is your birthday?

  1. Kaylen said...:

    @ kilax: ha...my free wardrobe advice would be to not accept wardrobe advice from me.

    @Nat: feb 20th!!! I'll officially be middle-aged!!

  1. LeLo said...:

    Does this mean you're an Aquarius or a Pisces? Hello, fellow water sign.

    Oh, and as for the grown woman wearing a onesie? WTF was she thinking?!

  1. heidikins said...:

    Gaaaah! Those are bad. I agree with you completely on all counts.

    Fashion Police! Please to arrest felons!

    xox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails