The Most Exciting Life EVER!!!

What I did Today:



  • Slept in until almost 9am.
  • Walked/jogged on the treadmill while watching a bad David Schwimmer movie (aren't they all) and doing a samurai sudoku puzzle.
  • Did four loads of laundry (well, the last one isn't folded and put away yet).
  • Ate Panda Express (and ingested at least twice as many calories as I had burned off this morning).
  • Commented on 15 blog posts by random bloggers. I read at least 30 different blogs. Added four new ones to my rss feed.
  • Marveled at having a clean bathroom and how impressed I am with my son scrubbing the shower (his newest chore).
  • Went grocery shopping and questioned spending $150 on food for two people that will probably only last 9 days or so.
  • Laughed my ass off at Neil Degrasse Tyson on The Daily Show, who wrote a book about Pluto.
  • Shopped a little on Amazon -looking for the perfect splurge for a gift card I have there.
  • Made chicken enchiladas for the second time EVER. They are my newest favorite food to make at home. They weren't as perfect as the first time, I'm not sure what happened this time. A fluke I'm sure.
  • Discussed with my son for the 4,975th time why it's important that his room be picked up and how my expectations for his room are fairly low and are NOT hard to meet. I just want to vacuum in there--is that so hard?? Oh, and put your clothes away-always. And dirty clothes go in the basket. EASY.
  • Lamented on the fact that the first month of 2009 is over. SAD!! 2009??? OVER????
  • Tortured the cats by placing a sticky label on the floor near them and watching as they shake their label-encrusted paw at mach speeds. Sorry, but THAT is some seriously funny free entertainment.
  • Watched Uncle Buck - I do miss John Candy. He was a funny actor!
  • Set my dvr to record 12 upcoming movies in the next week. Gotta have some background movies for when I'm working at home.

I really need to slow down...this life in the fast lane is a bit much. I don't know how long I can continue this type of lifestyle.

4 comments:

  1. Christina said...:

    Neil Degrasse Tyson was just such a fun interviewee on the Daily Show, I really want to read his book and I am not a science person at all.

  1. kilax said...:

    Ooo, the sticky label sounds like a fun idea.

    We just spent $150 at Target, and it's just the two of us as well. I think we spend at least $500 there every month! But, we eat all of our groceries. I guess that's just the way it goes. ;)

  1. Nat said...:

    Dude, I saw Neil Degrasse Tyson on Jay Leno and on Daily Show and he is a riot. You got a hell of a lot done yesterday- how do you do it? I'm happy if I'm able to get my homework done. Hah.

  1. k said...:

    I watched that same Daily Show episode with my husband. The author was like a perfect combination of nerd and wit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails