Random Thoughts on a Lazy Sunday


  • I watched the Rock of Love bus show on VH1. This is the second season of the dating show where Bret Michaels, lead singer of the 80's rock band Poison, looks to find his true love, his future wife. The girls featured on the show all have drinking problems, all look like a barbie doll-if Mattell made a stripper barbie. The new show has given up all pretense of being a dating show-it would be more aptly named: Bret Michaels Makes Out with Skanky Women.

  • Bret Michaels is just nasty. I didn't realize he had hair extensions, I really believed he had great hair all this time.

  • I love the song November Rain (which is not by Bret's band, but by a different 80's long-haired band). The video was great-it was like a 9-minute video. I miss the old days when you couldn't wait to see the latest video by your favorite band. My son and friends usually only watch videos on youtube that make them laugh. They listen to music while playing video games.

  • I like working from home-but I skipped lunch on Friday and didn't even notice until about two p.m.---that wouldn't have happened in the office because I would have noticed everyone else leaving or eating.

  • Brad Pitt in the movie Seven (I think the title is really Se7en) has the best line ever when he cries out "What's in the box????" My son and I make fun of this as much as possible. Any time we have a box to open, one of us cries it out, all whiny Brad Pitt style. Totally a spoiler-don't watch the clip if you haven't seen the movie. And there's some definite swearing going on....if you worry about that kind of thing.






  • Frangos (mint flavored) from the Bon Marche (now Macy's) - are the best snack ever. They are this yummy mint chocolaty thing that I like to just dissolve in my mouth. If you've ever had a Mint Meltaway from school fundraisers, this is pretty much the same thing, but a little bigger (just as expensive though).

  • Sometimes I really want a more minimalist lifestyle, but sometimes I really just want a new couch and a flat-screen television. Nothing too big-under 32 inches. I just like the look of it hanging on the wall and being so out-of-the-way and unimposing, as if you are saying, the tv is not really that important to me. But the price screams out-this is very important to me.

  • I sometimes call my son Frank, short for Frankenstein because sometimes he just doesn't behave as if all his wires are crossed correctly. He does or says things that just don't make any sense.
  • I am going to be 35 in less than a month. I might be halfway-through my life. This makes me extremely sad. This means I'm almost due for a mid-life crisis? Already??? Ugh.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I love those chocolates!!! They are the best. I love to let them melt in my mouth but then they kindof make my teeth yellow after. But they are so good and this is how I like to eat them that I don't really care. It is worth it. AR

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails