The 2009 Plan Update

Remember back when we started 2009 and everyone made resolutions that they broke three weeks later, but not me, cause I started a Plan?

Well let's check in on my Plan and see how things are shakin up for 2009 for Kaylen:
  1. Volunteer more: hmm...well, I haven't really done this. I've done my 3 hrs for January, but nothing above and beyond my normal monthly project.
  2. Cook more: Success!! I have done much better in this area. Our new favorite dinner is easy chicken enchiladas. wow--they are DELICIOUS and I can't believe I've gone so long without making these at least weekly (though I'm certain that would not help with #3 of the Plan). Here is a sampling of other things I've made: burrito bar, fried chicken legs (for the kid-eat off the bone? ew, not me), chicken and rice (andrew hates it), chicken and scallops fettuccine. I have a new recipe for scalloped potatoes (a Weight Watchers recipe from a fellow blogger, Maribeth).
  3. Lose weight: I walked 967 minutes on the treadmill in January. That's about 16 hours, or 4 hours a week. I've tried to be much more aware of daily calorie intake and had smaller servings. That's a hard one--especially with my new favorite meal of yummy delicious enchiladas.
  4. Purchase a house: Working on it!! I'm somewhat pre-approved for a mortgage. Scary. Four and a half months until my apartment lease is up....time is ticking.
  5. Improve Spanish skills: um, lo siento, pero no puedo hablamos espanol.
  6. Rebuild relationships: well, a little maybe. I just have a LOT of work to do lately and actually work ALL day and then sometimes a little in the evening. And then I have emails to answer about my volunteer project, three emails to keep up on and now my Facebook inbox....oh, and real life in general....I did recently get together with Nat and her fabulous boyfriend Sonny so I guess that counts. I have only seen her once since Presents Day.
  7. Develop work skills: I learn so much every week...still have lots to learn. Doing well at this, I think.
  8. Travel more: I've gone nowhere but have confirmed tickets to travel to Vegas, where I will meet Amy AND fellow-blogger Flea!!! FUN!!!
Not too bad...somewhat on track, somewhat not.

7 comments:

  1. almost loved said...:

    It's great that you have a check list to help you stay on track. Even if you don't follow it all the time, it's great to have a reminder. I probably should make a to do list too, a "what I want in life" list. Kudos to you for doing that already!

  1. Amanda said...:

    Hi. It sounds like your plan is working well. Congratulations.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog and letting me know about the toilets in South Korea. How did you end up there for 14 months? I've only been there on business trips and never had the time to explore.

  1. Michelle said...:

    Sounds like a fun plan, good luck with it!

    I didn't make any resolutions this year either but the husband and I just fell into sync together and started doing resolutionesque things like running and cooking healthier foods. I'm really enjoying it so far!

  1. Kaylen said...:

    @Amanda: I taught English there for a year-but arrived two months early to help set up the new school. There are some really great places to explore, the small communities outside the cities are a great history lesson, as it really is like stepping back in time. If you are a fashionista (and very small in size), Seoul is great for shopping for designer clothes at a good price. :)

  1. Nat said...:

    Kaylen! I had so much fun at Bingo with you! I will see you on Sunday for Love Letters. :) Great job on all of your list!

  1. You are doing much better than me :)

    I can't even remember my resolutions LOL

    See ya in a few weeks!!! Can't wait!!!

  1. kilax said...:

    Ha ha ha. No puedes hablar espanol? I wish I could remember more of the spanish I learned in school!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails