Well let's check in on my Plan and see how things are shakin up for 2009 for Kaylen:
- Volunteer more: hmm...well, I haven't really done this. I've done my 3 hrs for January, but nothing above and beyond my normal monthly project.
- Cook more: Success!! I have done much better in this area. Our new favorite dinner is easy chicken enchiladas. wow--they are DELICIOUS and I can't believe I've gone so long without making these at least weekly (though I'm certain that would not help with #3 of the Plan). Here is a sampling of other things I've made: burrito bar, fried chicken legs (for the kid-eat off the bone? ew, not me), chicken and rice (andrew hates it), chicken and scallops fettuccine. I have a new recipe for scalloped potatoes (a Weight Watchers recipe from a fellow blogger, Maribeth).
- Lose weight: I walked 967 minutes on the treadmill in January. That's about 16 hours, or 4 hours a week. I've tried to be much more aware of daily calorie intake and had smaller servings. That's a hard one--especially with my new favorite meal of yummy delicious enchiladas.
- Purchase a house: Working on it!! I'm somewhat pre-approved for a mortgage. Scary. Four and a half months until my apartment lease is up....time is ticking.
- Improve Spanish skills: um, lo siento, pero no puedo hablamos espanol.
- Rebuild relationships: well, a little maybe. I just have a LOT of work to do lately and actually work ALL day and then sometimes a little in the evening. And then I have emails to answer about my volunteer project, three emails to keep up on and now my Facebook inbox....oh, and real life in general....I did recently get together with Nat and her fabulous boyfriend Sonny so I guess that counts. I have only seen her once since Presents Day.
- Develop work skills: I learn so much every week...still have lots to learn. Doing well at this, I think.
- Travel more: I've gone nowhere but have confirmed tickets to travel to Vegas, where I will meet Amy AND fellow-blogger Flea!!! FUN!!!