I Love You, Cherry Coke


I LOVE cherry coke. I always have. I like coke with real cherry syrup, but I really like the normal Cherry Coke product itself.


I had been doing really good in decreasing my soda intake. Mid-year last year I realized I needed to cut back. I had been having a soda with lunch and then again with dinner and sometimes, on the really crazy nights, I would have a THIRD soda in the evening. So I cut back and just had one at lunch or dinner. Sometimes I would go a day or two without any and not even notice.


But then last September, I got a new job. And on the first day, the tour of the building included the kitchen, which included a never-ending supply of soda. Dr. Pepper is my second drink of choice and there it was...row after row of it. I knew it would be a challenge, but I have done spectacular at limiting my soda. I never have more than one a day at work, sometimes I don't even have that one- and make myself drink a couple of water bottles a day instead of reaching for another can. Every now and again, I will have a soda with dinner as well, but not on a daily basis.


Anyway, every now and again, I buy a 12-pack of soda. Which should last over two weeks no problem. However, for some reason, if i pour my Cherry Coke into a glass-a can of soda suddenly becomes like a shot glass full. I can seriously drink it down in probably less than 6 minutes. If I drink it from a can---it takes up to 20 minutes, if I finish at all. Weird.

What does this mean???

Am I bothering people by saying the word "soda"?

If I had a kegorator in my house, it wouldn't be beer that flows freely, it would definitely be Cherry Coke.

5 comments:

  1. TQ said...:

    My all time favorite two sodas are DP and Cherry Coke! I always switch between the two, depending on what I'm in the mood for :) And I'm with you... I'm trying to cut back... I can be good for a few days and not have any at all, but then other days I can't seem to get enough! This seems to be one of them but in a second I'm going to have a beer instead ;)

  1. monkey said...:

    i'm not a big soda drinker at all but when i was pregant, i craved coke classic with lots of ice like it was the sweet nectar of the gods. i never had any, which made it seem even more like liquid paradise. *okay, i did sneak sips of others' cokes a couple times and it was heaven in my mouth*
    now, though, still no soda. but i do get the fascination finally :-)

  1. monkey said...:

    oops. that should say 'pregnant' not 'pregat'...i don't even know what 'pregat' means.

  1. kilax said...:

    I say "soda" too. I love that coke has a cherry coke zero. It tastes pretty good. Almost as good as my favorite diet drink - diet dr. pepper!

    There is probably some psychological study that proves that people drink quicker if they can see what they are drinking... I read a book about stuff like that, but I can't remember what I learned! Oops!

  1. Michelle said...:

    Oh god, I've been addicted to coke for years. I love the stuff. But lately I've cut down considerably. Now I only drink small amounts on the weekend. It's the amount of sugar and all of the calories in it. I'll have run for half an hour, had a coke with my nice healthy dinner and realised all the calories I burned off while running didn't even cover the calories in my one can of coke. So I'm trying to wean myself off entirely.

    I have no idea what I'd do if I actually had vending machines every where I looked tempting me back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails