Love It!

My crazy sister drove down today to bring my birthday gift (from her and my folks). This is the newest addition to my family!!!!


Yes--it's PINK!!! I wasn't really sure about it at first, but I'm totally feeling it now. It's cute, it's compact, it's PINK, and it's a gazillion times better than my old camera. And I have it in time for my trip, thanks to my drive-like-a-maniac crazy sister.


We went out to dinner with Jen and my niece Alyssa (who skipped school-bad girl). They've never had Thai food! It's a shame. Don't they have Thai food in the Midwest?? :) Kidding of course---but really, don't they?? We grew up without it. Why did we grow up without it?? Regardless, it is here now and we love it.



Well, not all of it. I'm not going to mention names, but the youngest one at the table mentioned that she felt something we forced her to try tasted like dog food. But she did like tofu, which is good for her since she won't eat meat.


Andrew and I have Thai food about once every ten days. It's one of our favorites. We're not too crazy though, we usually have the same dishes.

We LOVE creamy wontons. They are the greatest appetizer. We sometimes get chicken satay (with peanut sauce), but it's a bit greasy and my favorite dish involves peanut sauce and chicken so it's a little unnecessary.

For main dishes, I almost always get Pra Ram, sometimes called Prince Rama. It's de-lic-ious. It's this platter of broccoli, spinach and chicken with peanut sauce on top and you eat it over a serving of rice. LOVE it.

I also like chicken pad thai (unless it's really greasy) and chicken mussamun curry, which is like a mild stew.

The kid loves loves loves pineapple fried rice, with chicken and shrimp, medium spice. One time I ordered medium spice from a restaurant near our house and they brought it to him and it was at a fire level. Seriously-he cried. (he'll deny it, but he did!)

There's also some kind of honey duck meal that he gets at one particular restaurant, with this glaze sauce that he always asks for extra of because it's just that good. I don't eat duck, though-yes I do know it's similar to a chicken!!-but he says it's the best.

And tonight, as a birthday treat and since the girls have never tasted anything, we got dessert!!!

We had sticky rice (mango is not in season-sad), black rice pudding (which Jenny refused to taste claiming to not like black rice OR pudding) and we got some mango deep fried ice cream. LOVE every one of those.

I highly encourage everyone everywhere to taste all of the above. Soon. And then report back about how much you love it all.

7 comments:

  1. Michelle said...:

    You know, I never had thai food until my wedding anniversary last December. Now it's almost my favourite (not quite pushing Indian food out of the top spot) and we've gone to this same restaurant so many times since then (OK, not 'so many times' more like twice) until N said he was fed up with it after we went there again for Valentine's Day. Yummy.

  1. kilax said...:

    I love colored cameras!

    I never had Thai food when I lived in Iowa. Now I live near Chicago and had it for the first time last year. WHOA, I've been missing out! I love Pad Siew. My husband and I even make it at home.

  1. Christina said...:

    I am glad you enjoyed the day with your special ones. I am not a fan of Thai but my BF loves it.

    He has attempted some dishes but with limited success.

  1. Oh I can't wait to see it in use!!! And it is PINK....that rocks the Casbah!! :)

  1. Nat said...:

    Yay! That's a cute camera you've got there! Just in time for your BIRTHDAY trip ;)

  1. April said...:

    My oldest daughter would love that camera! Very cute.
    I confess, I'm not a big fan of Thai. I hope I don't lose too many brownie points with you for that!

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I just love the way Jennifer and you are getting along....i remember your younger years...you hated each other!!!! Jenny was so mean to you Age does wonders.... love to both and happy belated birthday K; you are catching up with me!

    Jean in Iowa.........

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails