52 Weeks Challenge

As nearly every mother knows, the family albums are full of pictures of vacations and special events, family dinners and just hanging at the house pictures...and one thing is typically missing (unless your husband is a photographer).

My son is 16 now and I've been a single mom for 13 of those years. Our photo albums are (nearly) all Andrew, all the time. We have a variety of photos that I took of us together on a timer - the slightly off-center photos, and some of the two of us that I asked a stranger passing-by to take, but about 87% of the photos in our little family do not include me. I always suspected this was true, and now I am joining in with a group of moms who are in the same situation. It's unfortunate that I didn't start this plan about 10 years (and 75 lbs) ago, but it's never too late, right?

SO - starting this week, I'm joining in the 52 Weeks Challenge with the moms listed at Forever in Blue Jeans blog and will be making a sincere effort to take one photo of me every week for a full year.

Stay tuned for my pic of the week EVERY week!!

7 comments:

  1. Yaya said...:

    It's such a good idea! I'll be looking forward to seeing your pics!

  1. kilax said...:

    What a wonderful idea! I will have to remember this if my husband and I ever have kids. It's very easy to be the photographer all the time!

  1. I just read your comment about our grandmothers and the reservation! how interesting, I wonder if they ever knew each other? I will ask around if you dont mind telling me your family name! My grandmothers married name was Mary Lean, her maiden name was Mary antionette Grant. her parents were William and Petronell Grant. How cool!

  1. I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

  1. Christina said...:

    What an awesome idea. Have fun!

  1. April said...:

    See, and I LOVE the fact that I can use being a single mom to keep me off-camera. I despise pics of myself. But looking forward to seeing yours.

  1. Kaylen said...:

    @Nicole, I'm looking into the names (as I have no idea but my mom and sister will!

    @April - I'm NOT a fan of pictures of myself, but think of it this way: I have plenty of Before pictures!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails