Condoms are our Friends

Are Catholics everywhere proud of their pope this week? Is it possible that there is a huge number of people who support this man and his crazy comments?? That scares me more than 98% of any wild animal attacks.

If you haven't heard yet, this is the comment I'm talking about (from the BBC):

HIV/Aids was, he argued, "a tragedy that cannot be overcome by money alone, that cannot be overcome through the distribution of condoms, which can even increase the problem".

The solution lay, he said, in a "spiritual and human awakening" and "friendship for those who suffer".

Sigh.

Distribution of condoms can increase the problem of HIV? How is that possible? It is spread because of the LACK of condoms.

Did he really just say that we need an awakening and friendship to solve the HIV crisis?? It's a MEDICAL issue--spread by stupidity (and not using condoms). You may not be able to educate everyone, but you CAN at the very least give them a condom. That's the easy way to start---THEN you can move to the next step, which is education.

I have read many times in many places that there are large numbers of people in Africa who blame the women for HIV. That's just not logical. Women aren't raping men 99% of the time (a made up statistic, but probably fairly close to true).

Condoms prevent the spread of HIV in 98-100% of the time (when used properly). How can the dear sweet little pope not know this? Doesn't he have an advisor or two?

Religious beliefs frustrate me when they go against logic and scientific proof.

I need to go have a spiritual and human awakening myself. Maybe it will take 50lbs off my large body today. Or maybe it will clean my car for me. Or maybe it will help me find that perfect house.

5 comments:

  1. Alison said...:

    I agree! And I linked that same thing on my blog. Yes, I blogged! GO ME! WOOO!

  1. shopannies said...:

    Party on and thanks for visiting my blog come back any time. I have 6 teens here so something is always going on

  1. San said...:

    You're so right. Some people are just living in a "dream world"...

  1. Christina said...:

    I never can fully understand the intention of his words. It makes no sense!

  1. Michelle said...:

    The mind boggles at his logic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails