How Happy Can You Be?

Everything in the world is crashing down around us!!!


Okay, maybe not...but our government has some serious issues. Our economy is an effing mess. The people living in poverty have never been worse off. It's just a sad and depressing mess. I feel horrible for all the tragedy going on in the world right now.

HOWEVER - do you still have a job? Do you have your family and friends? Do you have a comfy pair of pants to lounge in? Do you watch the Office? Do you get to sleep in a warm, comfy bed tonight? Did you get to eat a really great meal this week?


Then you should be happy!!! Go ahead - think of all the happy things you have in your life that you never think of....and answer the poll at the top of the page. It's my first attempt at a poll and though I can't really position it how I would like to right now (no time to play with it and would it really make me happy to spend time on it??), it's a new little gadget I'm trying out. Go ahead- click your happiness level! Join the fun. It's only there for four days of happiness, so have a happy click soon and I'll share the results.


The year is 1/4 of the way done....isn't it great to be so happy??


10 comments:

  1. I'd be a little happier if I had those cupcakes in front of me!

  1. Alison said...:

    I'm happy! Happy its Friday. Happy about going to the Beach! Happy about the sunshine today. Happy that Jack from Lost/Charlie from Party of Five is alive & well and I get to look at him on my TV screen. Happy that my jeans dont feel too tight today! Happy that I don't have to chase down the bus this afternoon! Happy that I have a job (that allows me plenty of time to read blogs & check facebook all day)! Happy to have friends like you to make me laugh! Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  1. April said...:

    You're right, most of us have reasons to be thankful, too. But sometimes, we also need to face the less happy parts as well. And this is why I say, it's all about balance.

  1. kilax said...:

    I am very happy right now. Everyday I think of how lucky I am for my job, health and awesome family. :)

  1. IIDLYYCKMA said...:

    This is how it was in the great depression. My folks are depression people and they never thought they would ever see something like this ever again.

    I feel fortunate that we are okay, have jobs, are healthy etc. I am so not into status, bling, or keeping up withe the Joneses.

    I will say that I agree with April, if you don't face adversity or unhappiness you can't really appreciate things when they are good.

    God knows I have faced my share of crap so I do entirely embrace the good when it's good.

  1. Tori said...:

    I can thankfully say YES to all your questions... I LOVE my job (who knew I'd love the same job 6 years later - although when adding up my previous companies, make that about 12!), I'm currently wearing my favorite comfy pants watching my boys play, I just talked to my mom and Jodi not too long ago, I have a very comfy bed, I catch the Office when I can and I did have a great meal this week. Life is Good

  1. Kaylen said...:

    All so true!! It's actually nice to have been unhappy so that you can really appreciate when you have happiness in your life - it magnifies it!

  1. jenn3 said...:

    Well said. Lately I've been complaining about my job and then I remember that I have a job. So many people, especially in a small town like I live in, are losing theirs. It can always be worse.

    I stopped by to thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I love that we could all brainstorm together about what single moms want/need. And I agree about needing good male role models for our kids. Very important.

  1. julia said...:

    I lost my career job almost a year ago and I was the family breadwinner. Life has completely changed. Fortunately, it's just me and Mr Juliajae now so changing spending habits wasn't too shocking to the system. Overall, I like that many Americans have gotten back to shopping local, supporting small business and their communities and, it seems, back to "family values". When money flows, simple pleasures seem to go by unnoticed. My happiness lately has been in simplicity :)

  1. I am very happy!!! I am lucky to have a job, good friends, great family, and good health. Too many people I know are not that lucky!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails