Here We Go...

We woke up early on a Saturday!! Look---it's not even 8am yet!!!

What is going on??
Why are we acting so crazy????

We are off to the DMV to see if Andrew can pass his drivers safety test so he can take his driving test. When I got my license, it was one written test to get your permit and one driving test to get your license. Now it is one written test to get your permit, one written safety test to be able to take your drivers test, and one drivers test to get your license. I'm happy that the state is concerned about safety and is taking extra steps to ensure we are producing good drivers, but has anyone been to the DMV?? You don't just walk in and take a test.

When we went for his permit, we got there at 7:50 on a Saturday and we had to wait in line for about 40 minutes before it was his turn to take the test. There were about 50 people at the DMV before us---on 7:50 on a SATURDAY. Ridiculous. The only other option is for him to miss school and/or for me to miss work. (and Monday is a no-school day but the DMV isn't open Mondays-of course)

So, off we go. Wish him luck because I am not getting up and out this early again real soon.

AND after we hopefully get his safety test passed, we are off to look at HOUSES!!! Woohoo---I am house-hunting!! Wish me luck because I've already started packing and I'm already making plans for the house-warming party. I must find a house soon!!!

Happy Saturday, yo.

9 comments:

  1. Nat said...:

    Driver's license test AND house hunting! Wow! :) I hope you find some excellent houses. I'm already psyched for your housewarming party!

  1. Michelle said...:

    Wow - good luck to the both of you, hope all goes well!

  1. San said...:

    I am keeping my fingers crossed for both - driver's license test and house hunting :) Good luck!

  1. krista said...:

    i love that you are already planning a housewarming party. and buying favors for said party.
    and three tests? dude. that blows.

  1. Kaylen said...:

    Woohoo----young Andrew passed the written safety test, with a good 4-minute studying while waiting in line (a natural genuis).
    And we looked at seven houses and found one really great house! More to come...

  1. kilax said...:

    How did it go? I hate going to the DMV and waiting. I have experienced that a few times since I moved to a new state and had to transfer my car AND get a new license. What a headache that place is!

  1. Yaya said...:

    Ooh! Good luck! (scary!)

  1. Nat said...:

    Congrats to Andrew! I want to hear more about the houses! :)

  1. eeek can't wait to find out about the house.

    yay for passing the test. i failed my permit test the first time

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails