Happy Assuversary!!!

Here's my personal story of the week (since the rest of my blog is never personal):

One year ago TODAY, I had surgery on my rear. I'm going to spare you all the details (though my sister is always happy to share a somewhat fictional story that has literally made small children cry but still makes her laugh to tell it), but I had a fistula. If you know what it is, you know what an absolute disaster it is and how it consumes you and can really put a huge drain on your life.
Seriously---if you don't know, well, honestly-you do not want to and just hope you never have to.

So one year ago today, I had a little surgical procedure to fix my issue. It had a 50% success rate and I have never been luckier than I was one year ago today because I was one of the success stories. There are a gazillion people out there who suffer and live with this for decades sometimes, and I feel sorry for each and every one of them. It's humiliating, it's embarrassing and it's painful. I'm very very fortunate that I've managed to be a success story.

I can't say that things have been perfect since the surgery - I did gain 25 lbs and anytime I get a little stomach bug, I question whether the fistula is back...but it's been a year without any signs of it returning, so YAY for me and my booty.

Happy Assuversary to us!!!

4 comments:

  1. Alison said...:

    You have a great ass. Happy Assuversary!

  1. BeautifulWreck said...:

    Sounds like your ass in great shape now! I wrote an ass blog post yesterday. Maybe we can start a trend.

  1. OMG! I clenched my cheeks as I read your post. I think it was a sympathy clench though as I've had an "ass" problem myself .. but it was 'roids. I didn't have an operation, the doctor just band them .. very embarrassing though .. thanks for stopping by my blog too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails