Random Thoughts Tuesday - Special Shopping Edition

randomtuesday


Went shopping today.
Spent $260,899.00.
(not a typo!!!)

I bought this:


and this:

Add that to the $400 vacuum I bought this week and it has been a really busy week for my bank account!!!

I bought the above fridge used. It has a small indent in the freezer and a slight scratched area on the left side. It was $1000 cheaper than you might buy it new at Sears. And it comes with a 6-month warranty, from a family business that has been in the area for 25 years. I will have to take out the small, useless cupboard above the current fridge space, but really--that cupboard is USELESS.

SOME people (you know who you are!) were very vocal about me buying a used fridge and how it was the wrong decision....I'm not really sure I understand that thinking. My couch is used - I bought it from strangers...and I didn't really feel disturbed about THAT, and I rest my weary head on it all the time. A fridge can be 100% sterilized with some wonderful toxic cleaners - so really, that used fridge might be the cleanest thing I own.

I love my new vacuum and my new fridge and my new house equally. They are all SO wonderful!

I finished one project at work today and now I'm on to the next. It's been a really stressful week at work and to top it off, my laptop died on Monday. The reason it died was because I needed to get something sent to someone in the UK first thing. My laptop can sense things like that and acts against me when possible.

I need to pack. For some reason, I get more energized about organizing my son's room than any other room in the house. It's always been this way. I don't really understand it. I stay out of there except about once or twice a year when I demand he really do a deep clean, but otherwise it's a pig sty. The rest of the house might be a pig sty as well, but I really just want to start in his room. Maybe because it seems easier to fix. Maybe because I really LOVE a challenge.

My nails are VERY brittle. I don't like it. They have ridges and one of them has a permanent crack in the middle. No matter how long or short it is, the nail always has a little crack directly in the middle. It's my middle finger - I think that it might be a karma thing, due to the many times I have used that finger in a manner that was maybe a little shameful. Mostly when driving. Mostly in my younger years.

I think I've finally convinced my teenager that he MUST get a job. This was a huge success as he's been so against the idea for so long. When I bring it up to him, he usually starts talking as if I am discussing a plan to send him to an asian sweatshop to make Kathy Lee Gifford dresses. A slight over-reaction. Teens are funny like that.

I think I'm going to put a big sign in every window in my apartment that says "This unit for rent, available June 1st!! Inquire in the managers office."

Off to pack....

8 comments:

  1. Keely said...:

    Wow, congratulations!

    Your laptop is clearly part of the conspiracy. It must be terminated.

  1. Nat said...:

    I am so excited for you and your new adventures! :) I think that buying a used fridge is not only fine, but thrifty, and I LOVE being thrifty... I've recently discovered these things called "coupons" (hah) and I get way too much joy from the $5.00 I save on a grocery trip. Hey, money is money!

  1. krista said...:

    just tell people you're buying used because you're being "green" and then they'll have to leave you alone.

  1. Alison said...:

    I love your fridge! I'm buying used for my new house, too. I LOVE the idea of putting the sign in your window. Also, you should post it on Craigslist!!!!! YAY! Good Idea!!!

  1. San said...:

    I am so excited for you about the new house....

  1. Christina said...:

    Congrats on your purchases

  1. Cara said...:

    Congrats on the house!! And the fridge :) I think I was almost as excited for our fridge as I was for the house.

    I always want to clean the kids room before the rest of the house. I think it's because their stuff is so little & cute

  1. OMG! A used fridge? What's next, a used house? Oh, the horror! As long as it wasn't used to store a body or exotic pathogens who cares?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails