Where Do I Even Begin....

The mission:
Determine if my apartment manager has any intention of renting my apartment when I leave a month before my lease expires.

The cast:
Apartment Manager, we'll call her MAM (Mean Apt Manager)
Nancy, my cubicle mate/bingo partner

The plan:
Nancy calls MAM and pretends to be looking for a 2-bedroom apartment sometime around the first week of June or so.


Nancy is a total closet-actress. She dialed the number and suddenly became a real apartment-hunter, she even took notes as she talked, like she was really considering it. She improvised and asked her own questions and our mission was accomplished---but not in my favor.

MAM tells Nancy that she does have a unit available first week of June, a nice 2-bdrm, 2-bath apartment. Nancy the Actress takes some notes and asks some questions, one of which is "do you have any 2-bdrm, 1-bath available?" and the answer she gets from MAM is "no."

Huh? Say what? really???

Cause MINE is available in the first week of June!!!

Then Nancy the Actress says she is really interested in a ground floor unit - are there any of those available?

MAM says she will have one on June 19th, but nothing until then and that's a 2-bdrm, 2-bath.

Wait---stop---MINE is a ground floor unit!!!! AND it's available WAY before June 19th!!!

So, dear bloggy friends, this is the point where I think I have to call the apartment company. It's very obvious that even if she rents out all the other apartments, MAM really is not going to rent my apartment until July 1st at the earliest.

sigh, this makes me SO unhappy.

Advice anyone??

Anyone know of a loophole to get out of a lease early? I've been here five years, so I can't really pull something out of my hat to complain about the place, like the constant mold problem (which they told me to fix by leaving a window cracked open ALL YEAR).

Ideas??

3 comments:

  1. Nat said...:

    That's crazy! I don't like MAM! I should go give her a talking to...

  1. Yaya said...:

    That is really weird???

  1. krista said...:

    unfortunately, from a legal standpoint, there is no way to get out of it unless you have written agreement from either the management or owner. she sounds vindictive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails