Whoa, Random Thoughts Tuesday Already!!

I almost missed my favorite blogging night!
Random Tuesdays rock for those of us who think random thoughts ALL the time.

randomtuesday



  • I have seven new plants in my house tonight!! I bought them off Craigslist - 11 plants for 10 bucks from someone who was moving and couldn't take them. I had to replant most of them, which sucks, but whatever-I'm hoping that at least 5 of the 7 make it. I only have 7 new ones cause I gave Nat two little ones and I took one to work. I'm sure you math majors noticed that 7 + 2 + 1 equals 10. One of them isn't going to make it. It's a little thing that might have had an orchid at one time but is about 4 leaves and wasn't really planted in the dirt when I got it. The roots don't look well so it doesn't really count. I don't bring plants back from the dead....I walk them there slowly.
  • My apartment lease is not up until the end of June. I am moving into my new wonderful house at the end of May. For those lawyerly like people out there, you'll note that I am leaving before my lease ends. After five and a half years in this apartment complex, causing nearly NO trouble, barely calling the maintenance guy, participating in the yearly apartment activities (pool party and garage sale), and being an overall good citizen of the apartment life.....they will not let me out of my lease ONE month early because "it's a binding contract." Yes, lawyerly-types, I understand this is true. However, it's not like I'm moving into another apartment complex. I'm not getting kicked out. I'm not a menace to this place and they have no reason to be happy that I'm gone. I have been a good model tenant. So what is one month between friends? So, dear blogger friends--should I go above my managers head and call the management company to try and get a break on it? My biggest worry on doing this is that it will highly upset the manager, who is the one who controls whether I get my $700 deposit back. Ideas???
  • In my head, I'm a runner. In real life, I'm a slow walker. After I move, I want to start the Couch to 5K program. Anyone want to join me?
  • I need a new vacuum for my new carpets in my new home. I really really want the Dyson Animal, but I really really want a vacuum that doesn't cost over $400. Seriously---it's $550. Does anyone fully LOVE their vacuum? Do you have to clean the roller brush after every use? Do you have to clean the filter if you vacuum more than two rooms? Do you have to take the entire hose apart every 4 weeks or so? Cause that's about where I am with my current vacuum. Really---give me some ideas!!
  • I love leg warmers. I see them on some girls and I totally envy them.
  • Is it wrong that I want all of my invites to my housewarming party to bring very particular items? Like I want three people to bring family packs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. And two others can bring different types of household items, like detergent and kitty litter. See the theme here? I want to stock up on various household stuff so I don't have to worry about buying them for a long time and then I can use my extra $12 a month to splurge and go crazy on such things like eating at Panda King once a month. I'm not getting married, but I think this is bigger---this is a THIRTY-year commitment. Most marriages don't last that long!!
  • I woke up today and was 85% certain that my brain as imploding. I might have had a small aneurysm. The boy was sick the last two days, so maybe I'm getting that, or maybe my allergies were just out of control, or maybe I had a migraine, but it's possible my brain got bigger this morning.
  • Why don't I know anyone famous?? There are a lot of famous people out there. Why have I not went to school with any, or am related to any? The closest I come to fame is by knowing one of the original contestants on Big Brother. She was roommates of my close friend in college. And remember Julie, the innocent country girl, from the original Mtv Real World? A good friend from high school lived on Julie's family farm one summer. That's about it. Oh, a guy I worked with almost a decade ago had a brother in law in Counting Crows and one year they came through town and four of us got backstage passes and free tickets to their concert.

8 comments:

  1. BeautifulWreck said...:

    That so sucks about the apartment situation. Document when you leave by taking pictures, and before you turn in the keys do a walk through with management.

    Just splurge on the Dyson!

  1. Brandy said...:

    Ok the vacumm thing - I have a used kirby. My husband and I bought a 1986 kirby and then traded that in for a 2002 model. YES a vacuum not a car. But even used and even though we paid around $300 for it. It's the best dang vacuum I've ever owned. And the vacuum stores almost work like car lots - you can talk them down and get them to throw in freebies like shampoo sets and bags.

    and I don't know anybody famous. I think fate knows I would be a celeb stalker and therefore never lets me interact with one. saving me from myself.

    thanks for stopping by!

  1. Keely said...:

    lol I'm not sure you're allowed to ask people for specific things. Unless they ask what you want. Maybe you could say, "Come celebrate my newfound brokeness and bring me a staple!"?

  1. Nat said...:

    I need to be part of the couch to 5k program...but can we make it "couch to 'hey look at me I jogged for more than 5 minutes without completely running out of air'"? :)

  1. Portland Rose said...:

    My cousin is a famous (retired) baseball player & you know me! Also, my best friends cousin is the slim jim guy also in a movie (that sad one) with Angelina Jolie. He said she was nice. I think he is in claritin commercials too. So you are like 6 degrees of separation type friends with them.

  1. Tad said...:

    I have one of these:
    http://www.dirtdevil.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?id=29067
    Which works great and is bagless. Only possible drawback is it's a little on the small side.

    Got it for about half that price via slickdeals of course...

  1. Kaylen said...:

    I love you BW!! "splurge on the dyson" are great words!!! :)

    Brandy--Kirbys are the best, but aren't they about a million and four dollars? I will check out used vacuum stores though--hadn't considered that!

    Keely - I like your wording better, though I realy want to have a registry. :(

    Nat-- I can run at a 5mph pace for about 100 seconds before running out of air. The C2-5K program is made for people like us!!

    PRose - I don't like baseball so that one doesn't count, but I do love Angelina.

    Tad-you visit my blog!!! I always forget about Slickdeals--I'll check there, maybe my Animal is listed somewhere.

  1. krista said...:

    as far as the lease goes....since you've been there for so long, were you month to month or 6 month or something more specific like that.
    and you could totally call the management company, however, experience has proven that the people who own the companies tend to care less than the actual manager.
    i mean, the manager probably knows there is no way they would let you out early or she would probably try to help you. granted, i don't know your manager. maybe she's just a douchebag.
    and it can't hurt to ask. i mean, she can't hold your deposit unless she has a reason.
    oh, hell, i don't know what i'm talking about.
    new house! new house!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails