How To Cut a Watermelon - the no-mess way!

My coworker showed me this new (to me) and wonderful way to cut a watermelon. I feel like my entire life I have lived with the torture of watermelon-cutting for no reason…I think we all need to teach our kids this method and save them the sorrow of not fully loving the watermelon.

I have always always always cut the watermelon the traditional way: Cut it in half and then cut off moon-slices to eat off your plate or to break in half and eat right off the rind.
This leads to a TON of juice everywhere, your clothes, the counter, your face, etc. And then when you wrap it in foil and put it in the fridge, the next time you pull it out, it’s filled with juices, that again, spill everywhere.


And this is why I have a love-hate relationship with watermelon.

HOWEVER – we are moving past that….and now I just love watermelon and have very little reason to hate it!!!

Becky said: Cut off the ends. Stand the watermelon up on one of the ends (which is now flat). Cut down the sides of the watermelon, all the way around.


Wah-lah!!! You’re left with a wonderful rectangle of about 92% of the watermelon in one piece with almost no juice spilling about! You can cut into whatever size pieces you want and store in a container. EASY.

Then you just take a large spoon and spoon off the insides of the rind, but it takes less than 5 minutes really. You swipe a wet towel across the counter and you're fully done!

AND, if you are like my son, you will see the wonderful rectangle of watermelon and feel the need to be creative.



how to cut a watermelon
meow

how to cut a watermelon


3 comments:

  1. Slyde said...:

    i am way to much of a neat freak to have ever liked to eat watermellon.... its very messy and the seeds always freaked me out...

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Hahahahaha, the kitty kat is hilarious! Your son rocks! :)

    -Anna-
    (airforcelove)

  1. Yaya said...:

    That does sound a lot less messy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails