Random Thoughts Tuesday

randomtuesday


We are painting this week!! Just in the teen's room, it's the only one we really needed to get done right away. We did the first color this weekend and last night we taped off this striped design pattern. The original color was a bright sunshiny-yellow with bright colors as the trim: blue, purple, green. So it is now a silvery-gray-purple and will have a 2 ft stripe with a dark color, like a deep gray, which may be black cause I'm painting over the silvery-gray-purple and over the bright trim colors. I'm not really sure if this will work...we'll see. I might need to paint in white on the trim first. Pictures coming soon.

The grass in my new backyard grows about twice as fast as the grass in the front. Maybe on a side note, I need to investigate my sprinkler system because I can't tell that my strawberry garden gets ANY water, though the plants are growing like mad. There are a few spots in my landscaping that appear to be not as healthy as when I moved in.

I am cat-sitting for a friend. I am a big cat person, but these cats want nothing to do with me. They just stare at me. They don't want me to pet them (one of them hisses when I do) and they don't want to play. These cats are the reason dog people hate cats.

Tonight we are setting the treadmill back up. It's been out of commission since the move. I'm not sure why, but when we moved it, my wonderful moving friends laid it down in a weird way-not in a way that would be easy for one-person to set it back up. I should have had them move it right into the right spot, as it is about 9000 pounds and I'm not completely sure how we are going to get it in it's final resting place.

I called the leasing company for my old apartment and the manager there confirmed that there will definitely be no breaking of the lease or negotiating on my last month with them. She said it's just not possible and they would be setting a precedence to break leases in the future. Fine, whatever. Five years of being a great tenant means nothing. The "we care about our residents" slogan doesn't really hold true. It's 30 days, not 300. They could have at least offered to split the month... whatever. I am much happier than them, so that makes me feel better!!

As I drive through the neighborhood, I'm always keeping an eye out to see what other people are doing outside, just to see if there's something I might need to do outside at my house. So far, I've gained no new knowledge. I keep feeling like I am missing something....as I really don't feel like I know everything I should about owning a home.

I keep wondering if I'm using excess electricity by closing my garage door every time I have to go somewhere. Like, if I'm leaving for just 20 minutes, maybe I should leave the door open to save the power. I don't really need to park in there all the time anyway...I've only used my front door twice. It's a nice door, I should use it more.

I have a craving for peanuts, salted in the shell. But my wrist really hurts and I don't like the idea of having to crack them. And I don't like them if I don't directly crack them from the shell myself.

10 comments:

  1. Debbi said...:

    Thanks for the comment!

    Mmmm, peanuts. My daughter (3 yrs old) told me she wanted to eat more penis, and it took me a while to figure out what it was she REALLY wanted to eat. LOL. oh, kids say the darndest things.

  1. Slyde said...:

    ya know, i never could stand peanuts.. not even peanut butter...

    i must be weird..

  1. I NEVER use my front door! Garage all the way! And I'm a stickler about closing the garage always since I'm neurotic about burglars. Luckily, John is just forgetful enough that my neuroses is appreciated. Most of the time.. :-)

  1. Yaya said...:

    Hmmm...I never really thought about the power used in a garage door? Interesting thought.

    The teen bedroom sounds cool!

    Our grass in our backyard is also longer than the front. i always assumed it's because the dogs poop in the backyard so it's like natural fertilizer?

  1. Keely said...:

    Maybe you'll be lucky enough to have a neighbour like mine who will TELL you what to do with your yard. In no uncertain terms. With the implication that you're de-classing the joint.

    Yeah, lucky.

  1. Cara said...:

    I always close the garage door! Chase is the only one who uses the front door since he parks in the driveway. I ran into town last week with the intention of only going to Sonic & didn't close the door. Then got sidetracked by the grocery store & flipped out when I realized I'd been gone for almost 30min with not only my garage door open, but also my front door standing open with only the baby gate blocking the way.

  1. Sarah said...:

    Hi, I just wanted to thank you for the comment you left me. It was so helpful and made me feel so much better about things. Hope you're doing well!

  1. andy said...:

    thanks for the words of wisdom for someone a little farther down the road of divorce...it's good to hear the experiences of others who have been through what you are dealing with.

    i know my kids will form their own opinions as they get older.

    it just sucks that you know you've made choices in your life that will negatively impact your children. or hurt them emotionally.

    on another note, i want all my grass to die.

    my teeny tiny backyard is about as big as a large walk-in closet, plus the dog uses it to poop in instead of his dog run...go figure. seriously considering laying down paving stones to make poop scooping easier:)

    andy

  1. Painting, ugh! I feel like I've been doing it for months now. Wait...

  1. I agree with you on having to crack your own peanut shells, but when it comes to pistachios, I'll gladly eat all the ones someone else de-shells.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails