Random Thoughts Tuesday

randomtuesday


I'm sad about Jon and Kate getting divorced. Not surprised, but sad. I just watched the 5th birthday party show and it was traumatizing. The parents don't talk to each other. Very sad. Also sad is that people showed up with six presents...ugh, I would just hope that my son wasn't friends with a family of sextuplets. One of the little girls (maybe two, I can't tell if I'm looking at the same girl) reminds me exactly of this 4-yr old I used to teach in Korea. I loved her, she was my little buddy. And now she's part of the J&K+8 mess. Sad.

I just finished the second book by Jennifer Lauck, Still Waters. It's REALLY good. I can't recommend her enough. She's just a great writer and the story is amazing.

Is there anything better than a tall glass of cold water right before bed? Is there anything worse than waking up at 4am with a full bladder?

I have a hummingbird feeder that keeps going down in liquid, but I have yet to see anything humming around it...

I am crafty. I am creative. I am crafty and creative....however, I am not really artistic. I can't really draw anything. We all have our limitations, I know mine is being artistic. However, for some reason, I believed it would be possible for me to create some work of art involving paint and canvasses. I suspect it will turn out like a 4th grade art project, but I'm a positive thinker and I saw a picture of some art I want and so of course I rushed out and bought the materials needed to recreate this. I'll keep you posted on how this turns out. If all else fails, I can just say my son made them in 4th grade, right? That's a bonus of being a parent. Someone to blame things on.

I forgot that Julia Roberts was in Satisfaction with Justine Bateman. What a classic movie. I don't know why it wasn't a bigger hit than it was. I wonder if Julia and Justine stay in touch. Liam Neeson was in it too---apparently he said he did the film because he would get to be on the beach with pretty girls. Funny. Liam and Justine make out in the movie. I wonder if they stay in touch. I like the song Talk to Me. It's actually in the songs that I loaded on my cellphone.

If I have a bowl of fruit loops in the morning, sometimes about 11am, I start to shake and get really sweaty. What does this mean?

Summer vacation has started. So far, Andrew's schedule seems to go like this: stay up really late, wake up really early, play computer games on his laptop in bed. Go back to sleep about 1030ish. Wake up around 1 or 2. Play more games. Take a shower. Play guitar. Eat dinner. Snack all night. Repeat. Hopefully he'll get a job soon and this will change.

Have you seen Weeds? I just watched the first season on dvd and it's pretty entertaining! Check it out! It's def not for children, so make sure you are free from little ears.

5 comments:

  1. Cara said...:

    I almost felt guilty watching J&K last night. Like when you are out in public & a couple gets in a really nasty fight & you know you should keep on walking but you still listen anyways?

  1. Nat said...:

    I just added season 1 of Weeds to my Netflix list last week. It won't be coming for awhile though because I have to finish all the seasons of The West Wing first, of course!

    I'm totally with you with the whole artwork thing. Just because someone on HGTV can freehand a beautiful piece of art, doesn't mean that I can, but I just can't seem to get that in my head. I think that yours will turn out splendidly though. You are a way better artist than me! :)

  1. BeautifulWreck said...:

    This was definitely random! Watched Jon and Kate, very sad. I wanted to smack him in the face or rip those earrings out of his ears.

  1. I am addicted to Weeds...to the point I got Showtime. Each season just keeps getting better.

  1. Yaya said...:

    Okay, the fruit loops thing is completely bizarre.


    I thought the same thing about the 6 presents for their party! Lol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails