I Am Not An Artist, Evidence B

a little blurry...but you get the point...

You know how "they" say that you can do anything you set your mind to? Well, they are definitely wrong, as Evidence B above.

I set my mind to recreating a couple works of art I saw in magazines, art that was EASY to recreate....one which was really just rows of color. ROWS - how hard is it to make rows with different colors of paint?? Apparently, judging by my first painting, rows are hard to do. And apparently, picking the right colors to create the rows is VERY important. Somehow, I recreated the gay pride flag instead of the very pretty rows of color piece of art I saw in a magazine.

And the green mess above was a recreation of a really pretty piece that was just a very pale color with small sections where there was a little darker of the pale color...I didn't have enough white to make a really pale green and so I had to make a slightly light green...but then I ran out of that light color so I had to do the other green, and I felt like it was just too green...so I added a blue square...but then it looked like yet another flag!!! So I had to make it appear like it was meant to be abstract like that all along...sigh.

Ridiculous.
People who can paint obviously have some kind of witchcraft powers, because I really really try - I envision, I plan, I think really hard, I say a little request to god, jesus, buddha and allah...and then I end up with a green/blue mess and a gay pride flag, neither of which look anything at all like my original idea. I am hanging up my paints. I am going to look into a new creative outlook of some sort. Painting is just not my thing. [Insert sad face here]

4 comments:

  1. Nat said...:

    It's okay. The painting gods never seem to hear my requests either. We can be non-painters together. It's like that guy who used to paint on PBS. I used to watch him and he made it seem so easy. He could paint amazing pieces and with an awesome afro and while explaining no less! But I, a person who is solely focused on painting, cannot do it. And, you know what, I blame him for making it look so damn easy. :)

  1. Christina said...:

    As long as you had fun. I used to paint and I miss it a lot. I need to make time for it.

  1. Yaya said...:

    It's cool! I always wished I had artistic abilities.

  1. almost loved said...:

    I was never ever good at art. I can't draw, I can't paint. I wish I could though. I'd be able to express so much in a painting. And when I die I'll be famous and have people try to decipher my paintings. I dream. I dream. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails