Just a Cat Update

For those of you keeping score:

Cat teeth: 0
Me: 1


Brushing the teeth of your cat isn't so hard...you just need a towel, cat toothbrush, cat toothpaste. And some kind soothing words.

And did I mention a towel? Cause that's a key piece of this scenario.
I wrapped my little furry friend up, gave her a little speech about how normal cat breath smells bad, but hers smells like death. Worse than death really...and it's just not pretty for her. It distracts from her beauty.

And then the torture began.

The key is to have the blanket holding their little squiggly, spear-like paws all comfy and warm in the blanket.

And then start brushing, gently but QUICKLY.

I think I got to each tooth that I possibly could in the less-than-two minute brushing spree, but I can't say that it helped her at ALL. Breath still smells horrid, but I imagine it's going to take time to bust through the layer of death-smelling-grime on her teeth. I don't know if she'll still love me by that time though...

(and I wanted to have pics to post, but the kid was all, "I don't want either cat to associate me with this torture of yours" and he refused to help at all. Lame. But that means that they also won't thank him when they have fresh minty breath.

4 comments:

  1. Yaya said...:

    You reminded me I need to trim my cat's nails....not a fun chore.

  1. Equidae said...:

    I dont think that was actually fun! wish you luck next time around! passed from SITS

  1. Stopping by from SITS to give a little blog ♥

    I would not try that!

  1. Christina said...:

    You are a brave woman.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails