Weekend Wrap-Up

Another weekend has gone past and we are all now one weekend less in 2009. Sad. Time is moving so fast.


This weekend was okay, I guess.

Had to have a very parental talk with a certain teenager about internet usage. Parenting is hard. As I always tell my friend Natalie: Protect your uterus!!! Hats off to all the parents out there!

But then my friends came over and we had a games night! For five years, I lived in an apartment and had friends over about ten times. Never for games night. Since I moved in here just 9 weeks ago (only 9??), I have had about six games nights. And a few separate bbqs on top of that. It's just so much fun to have a welcoming atmosphere.


**Commercial Break** Has anyone seen the show Ice Road Truckers? It's on the History channel and if you ever want to get your heart racing, watch this really slow-paced, but anxiety filled documentary. It just follows truckers as they drive this particular road in Alaska. Yeah, that's IT-the whole plot of the show. And it's seriously a show about watching people drive. That's it. However....I watch it and I feel like I'm stroking out. My heart starts racing...the trucks are driving this absurd mountain road that is just ice. All ice. And then add in some big snow drifts. And a random moose trotting down the highway. It's insane.

And now back to our regular scheduled post:

So games night was Friday and we played a couple hours of Cranium and it was a total blast (as always).


We followed that with a couple hours of Taboo, which is a hilarious game. One of my favorites was when my friend Dean (pictured above in the middle) gets the word Rip Van Winkle. He's trying to make everyone say it and has no idea who it is. His first clue to his teammates: "This is a mass murderer."

Say what? Poor Rip...apparently he has a bad reputation amongst certain groups.


I love playing games with people, but be warned...I am competitive. I dislike when clues are given - to me, that makes the game turn into less of a "game" and more of a "let's just read trivia outloud," which doesn't interest me so much. I'm sure I drive a number of people crazy with this, but c'mon...play the game as a game, right? Right. And I don't need to win...I like to, of course, but I'm okay not winning. I'm not sure some people understand how you can be really competitive but not take it personal about losing.

Anyway, Saturday was a lot of lounging about, which seems to be the theme anytime the temperature is above 88. My friend and I went to late-night bingo and I won two games, but one I had to share with 4 others (made $20) and then another was just a lead-up to a blackout ($25 winning). Still nice to win and I made back the $15 I spent. And I got to have a fun night out with a girl friend.

Sunday was a day of miscellaneous chores. First on the list, and most important, was buying tickets to Puerto Vallarta. DONE! We're not going for a few months, but it feels good to have a vacation planned!

Next up was an unexpected chat session with my sister, who I haven't talked with for months and months. What'd we talk about, you ask? Well.....Boggle actually. We played online boggle together. Fun game!! I'm thinking about going pro and giving up my day job, cause I am really good at Boggle!!

I managed to do some random household chores and sit down to blog and now my Sunday is almost over.


Here's a few pics of my beautiful backyard from yesterday. Notice the grass? I kinda like it with golden colors and greens mixed in together. Saves me on my water bill, right? Is there any reason why it has to be green all year? I hope not...cause mine is not going to be!



Yes, I left my hose in the yard during the sun. Yes, I know you shouldn't do this.

4 comments:

  1. Yaya said...:

    Lol! 'it's seriously a show about watching people drive' hahahaha!



    Yay for having people over to your HOUSE!

  1. Ram said...:

    it's a really nice blog thanks for add my comment...
    We are here for online bingo store, online bingo reviews, bingo articles, online bingo is so popular you’ll meet lots of new friends. Online bingo store provide you Bingo Reviews, Bingo Store, Bingo Articles and many more.Online Bingo Reviews

  1. Ram said...:

    it's a really nice blog thanks for add my comment...
    We are here for online bingo store, online bingo reviews, bingo articles, online bingo is so popular you’ll meet lots of new friends. Online bingo store provide you Bingo Reviews, Bingo Store, Bingo Articles and many more.Online Bingo Reviews

  1. Ram said...:

    it's a really nice blog thanks for add my comment...
    We are here for online bingo store, online bingo reviews, bingo articles, online bingo is so popular you’ll meet lots of new friends. Online bingo store provide you Bingo Reviews, Bingo Store, Bingo Articles and many more.Online Bingo Reviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails