My Newest Hobby Continues...

I'm cooking!!! STILL!!!



The menu last night was a light grilled chicken breast (boneless, skinless) just rubbed down with a bit of olive oil and some chicken seasoning, with grilled yams and grilled asparagus. chicken and grilled yams

I learned a little trick yesterday on the chicken--I don't like to pound the meat and make it all the same thickness, I just don't feel the same about eating it. I like the normal shape, unless I'm eating it as a chicken burger. But, I did learn that if you cut some slits in the chicken, it makes a WORLD of difference. It was delicious!

I've never grilled yams before. They were lightly coated with olive oil and cut into 1.5 inch thick strips and grilled, though I suspect the grill was a bit high, as they were more blackened than they should have been. Still were really good and had their flavor, and the best part is that they cooked in less than 20 minutes! I love me some yams, but I hate waiting an hour for them to bake.

Good stuff!!! And we have leftovers for tonight.

10 comments:

  1. Liz said...:

    It sounds yummy. Stopping in from SITS

  1. {Katie Lane} said...:

    Grilled yams? Never heard of that but sounds so yummy!! I'll have to try it :)

  1. Yaya said...:

    Yum! I loved grilled veggies!

  1. I made chicken tonight too. Yours looks better. If I lick the screen, it would probably taste better too.

  1. Taryn said...:

    Okay, is it normal that I am drooling all over my keyboard while reading your post? This looks mighty yummy!
    Stopping by from SITS! Love your blog!

    Love,
    Taryn

    http://www.lovetaryn.blogspot.com

  1. Eva Gallant said...:

    yum ! What time are we eating??

    just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same

  1. Kimmy said...:

    I love grilled chicken! I'll have to try the slits next time. Grilled yams sounds de-lish!

    Just stopping by from SITS! :O)

  1. That would look a lot better if I hadn't just got home from my anniversary dinner. Still... late night snack?

  1. Date Girl said...:

    That looks really yummy and pretty healthy too. When you don't have a grill handy, I've found that cooking chicken on the stovetop in olive oil, a little balsalmic vinegar and lemon juice makes a great piece of chicken and doesn't dry out. Isn't cooking fun?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails