Weekend Of Nothingness

Well, not really the whole weekend--I was REALLY productive this morning!!

I finished a book, it wasn't that good that I would even share the title, but it was an okay read.

I spent a good 35 minutes bonding (for the fourth time this week) with my treadmill. I heart my treadmill.

And then I fixed my last sprinkler head!!! I AM not a helpless female!!

Yesterday I had a handyman come over and he was well worth the $15/hr I spent. He not only put in the water line from my kitchen sink to my fridge (which I thought I could do myself, but I'm really glad I did not attempt it!), but he also gave me a TON of helpful information about home ownership that I didn't know!!! Like how to turn off my water line--there's this little green box in the corner of my front yard that I have never thought to open and look in...And he had no problem with my thousand questions I asked him. And he offered to come back anytime if the fridge line he put in starts leaking or goes bad. He used to build houses and has a wealth of knowledge and didn't mind sharing it. I like that. Smart people should share more.

And I did five loads of laundry yesterday - which is five more than I did in the last eleven days.

And now I have nothing at all to do the rest of the weekend.

Andrew is in a funk and wants to do NOTHING, ever, all the time. I hate leaving him sitting home alone all the time (I do leave him for 9 hrs to go work daily), so I feel obligated to stay home. Which is fine - I LOVE LOVE LOVE my house. But still....

I went grocery shopping at 11:30pm last night. I was going to Winco, which is a place to get really cheap groceries....but for those of you who know of it, you know it's always PACKED. But it is open 24 hours a day, so late at night on a Friday night should be the best time to go, right? However, let me just warn you now...stores that are open 24 hours, have to have a time to bring in their stock. Apparently for my local Winco, that time is about 11:15pm on a Friday night. It was PACKED-not with people, but with boxes in the aisles. EVERY aisle. Some of the boxes were sometimes blocking a huge section of the aisle so you couldn't get to the groceries on that side. And I wasn't the only shopper, but the aisles were only big enough for one cart to get through at most parts. Note to all: go grocery shopping before 10pm or after 2am, when things might not be so packed with boxes.

Off to do nothing. Have a great weekend All!

6 comments:

  1. krista said...:

    keep the number of that handyman. and isn't there something just so plain heartwarming about a person willing to help just for the hell of it?

  1. Ms Cupcake said...:

    Nothing is good too. We all need down time!

    Dropping by from sits.

    Happy Saturday everyone!

    Make it a happy day!

    Ms Cupcake
    Zen Cupcake

  1. Dorkys Ramos said...:

    Wow, sounds like you've had a lot to do! Enjoy the rest and relaxation. I'm sure you'll be craving it later! Thanks so much for visiting my blog today :)

  1. Nat said...:

    Dude,we went to Winco around that time once and the boxes were everywhere! It was so hard to get around.

  1. jennie.newland said...:

    I tried the Late Night shopping once and swiftly swore it off because of the boxes. Dropping in from SITS, hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

  1. Yaya said...:

    I love shopping late when no one is there. But the boxes would be annoying. Sounds like you got a good handyman! Don't let him go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails