What do you do with your friends?

You know how some people go to Happy Hour with friends, and sit and talk and have fun, and then go home a little lighter in the wallet and having consumed a fair amount of calories?


Well, other people go to a bingo hall, and sit and talk and have fun, and go home with this:



Yeah, that's MY money!!!
I actually won one of the bigger jackpots. It was/is like a dream...I had a bingo worker come over and count out $1199.00 in front of me. It takes quite a fair amount of time and it's the most wonderful time ever.
We have a bingo rule where if we win over $100, we give 10% to the table, so that the friends who are with you who might not win can still feel genuinely happy because if one of us wins-we all win. So, from my $1199, I gave up $120 to the table and since my son was with me, I gave him $100. Friend Nancy rejected her share of the 10% and so we all split it. I won another small bingo later and won another $29.00, which is chump change when you have over $900 in your purse, but still really fun! Nancy won (for the first time ever) $50.00, her son won $75.00, and my son Andrew won $37.00.
And THAT is a good night at bingo, folks!
Did I mention that I just bought a vacation package to Puerto Vallarta for $1280.00? I have just won enough money to almost completely pay off the trip!!
Andrew is convinced that he is a good luck charm and we should go back soon. We'll see....I feel like I have been really lucky this year and at some point, my luck will run out.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping and by and commenting on my blog.
    I'm adding you to my list! Tigger has appeared in my blog a few times. He's the quirkiest cat I've ever had (he's my 5th)

    Congrats on your Bingo winnings. I play cards with the senior citizens in my Mom's winter resort park,but I've never won THAT much!

  1. Amanda said...:

    WOW! I love how you displayed the money. Congratulations! I'm really happy for you.

    Still waiting for the day I actually win something....ANYTHING :)

    Enjoy!

  1. Nat said...:

    Yes, you have to go again and I want to come along! Did you guys go to the night owl session?

  1. San said...:

    Congratulations! That's really amazing!

  1. krista said...:

    DO NOT say your luck will run out! maybe it's not luck, lady...maybe it's just life paying you back finally :-)

  1. Portland Rose said...:

    I just wrote you a really long comment about thinking your text to me said $120, needing $900 bucks and that the bingo hall is a lot closer to me now at my new house.... but then it got deleted. sad.

  1. Slyde said...:

    holy crap thats awesome!

    you bingo hustler, you!

  1. Wow, good for you! And how nice that your trip is paid for.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails