Random Thoughts Tuesday: Larry King Edition

randomtuesday
Visit Keely at The Unmom for more Randomness.

I listened to Larry King interviewing a rape victim yesterday. He asked her to recount the details.
Her: I had picked up some take-out food and was going over to my boyfriends
to eat dinner with him. blahblah, man in the car suddenly attacked...
Him: So where did the bag with dinner go?
Her: .......I guess he put it in the backseat?
Him: Okay, continue.

I'm not kidding. That man is done. Call him cooked (twelve yrs ago) and tuck him away folks, cause he is D.O.N.E.
What kind of reporter would ask that question? Why on earth would it matter where her take out food was when she was being attacked?

I hate buying used cars. I always have had one, and I have never ever trusted that it would be a good outcome. The last time I bought a car was about 3-4 yrs ago and it was from a good friend of a friend and my friend knew every little detail about the car. I was ready to buy it before I saw it, I was so excited. And it's given me no problems whatsoever...yet. It's been my only really great used-car-buying experience. And now I have to relive the trauma with young Andrew who has the money saved up to buy a car, a used car. From a stranger. Who is inevitably going to lie to us about it. And it will inevitably have something go wrong on it at the worst possible time.

Did I mention I'm going to Mexico?? I AM!! In less than 3 months. I can not wait!!! I need a vacation!!! It is the first family vacation we've gone on in like 3 years. THREE YEARS!!

I have Friday and Monday off---YAY for short work weeks. Is there anything better? (yes-having a week in Mexico)

I want to volunteer more--I'm already starting to plan the Holiday events. There's a big project thing that I was asked to do for Hands on Greater Portland. Stay tuned for more info on that.

My oldest sister is going to turn 40 this year. This morning she called me to discuss ideas for her BIG birthday, because 40 is a HUGE milestone.

Jenny: Maybe I'll go to Seaworld and swim with Shamu.
Me: The KILLER whale? I don't' think they let you do that.
Jenny: Yes they do...I need something big, and that would be big.
Me: You don't even like the water...
Jenny: Oh yeah, I guess that won't work.


One time I had this fantastic idea that I would have a birthday event planning business. I used to love love love planning little Andrew's birthday parties. And there are lots of working moms out there who just don't have the time to plan these things. I could do that!!! When I looked into how much time it would take to do though, it seemed a bit much, almost a full-time job. I might look into it again. Stay tuned. I have my weekends almost totally free, there's no reason I can't be more productive.

We brushed the cats teeth last night. Ginger gets this look in her eye like she absolutely is planning on ripping your heart out...but she didn't say a word. I think she was too stunned by what was happening to her to say anything. I imagine her on Larry King would go something like this:

Ginger: And I was just getting ready to go look out the window to verify that nothing was amiss in the back yard, blahblah, no random animals lurking...
Larry King: And then....
Ginger: And then suddenly, that kid had me on my back in his lap and my beloved human-mommy was ramming some kind of foul-tasting instrument in my mouth.
Larry King: And what animals are in your back yard?
D.O.N.E.

11 comments:

  1. otin said...:

    Larry king does act senile! I know that he made a huge mistake with Paul and Ringo, I just don't recall the exact convo!

  1. krista said...:

    you actually brush your cat's teeth?
    i should probably do that to mine but i sort of value my skin.

  1. Midwest Mommy said...:

    Wait? Seriously he asked that question? What a jerk.

  1. Raven said...:

    You are so right, Larry's gotta go!! That's just insane! Love your little bit at the end "And what animals are in your back yard?" Hilarious.

    I can't brush my cats' teeth and retain my fingers so they just have dirty teeth. We buy the teeth cleaning snacks. I can't even clip Dakota's nails, he'd gouge my eyes out. Thankfully Meadow, the other cat, is declawed.

  1. Hit 40 said...:

    I wonder if this was the woman (CNN/Larry King) who was raped by the same man that kidnapped the girl when she was 11?? I read the interview on line. It was chilling. The psycho should never have been paroled.

  1. Could you video tape the cat having his teeth brushed?

  1. Baby News said...:

    Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blog world!

    Can't believe Larry King said that, not that I really watch him. But still, I can't believe ANYONE would say that to a rape victim. C'mon!

    Good luck with the used car thing. We've only had luck with one used car. The rest have all had problems. It's hard to find honest people.

  1. Stopping by from SITS...this totally made me giggle!

  1. LMAO! @ you brushing your cats teeth! Didn't realise you could .. our cat would have me sliced into pieces if I came at him with a tooth brush.

    Larry King sounds like a tool.

  1. Slyde said...:

    i cant beleive you caught that. I was listening to XM Radio yesterday and the hosts were playing it back as well.

    he is just ridiculous.. i think one of his 300 divorces must have jarred his brain loose..

  1. Yaya said...:

    Argh, what an idiot!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails