Random Thoughts Tuesday - Random Edition

randomtuesday
Random Thoughts Tuesday today!

Today is my one year anniversary at my job. I can’t believe it’s only been a year…and I also can’t believe it’s already been a year! Time is shape-shifting again…

My teen has determined that the car bra is no longer to be called that---it’s a mask. A car mask. Because headlights are the eyes, duh, and why would you put a bra over your eyes? This made me laugh.
Later in the week he asked if cheese is a vegetable (but I’m not supposed to tell anyone this happened so don’t say anything!).

I am mentally preparing myself to get my $8000 tax gift from our government for buying a house this year. I can’t wait to have my hands on that money!!! I’m absolutely going to put most of it back into the house, as I’m certain I need to do things…I don’t know what these things are, but I’m sure there is something that homeowners need money for. I know there are people out there who are dreading tax season but it cannot get here fast enough for me!

Lean Cuisine Sesame Chicken is the best frozen lunch out there.

You know how when you gain weight your stomach gets bigger? How come when I regularly drink water(or other fluids), my bladder doesn’t get bigger?? I really love to drink water before bed-really hate having to get up and pee at 4am.

I am going to Mexico NEXT MONTH!!!!! I don’t know why I haven’t been working on my Spanish. Or losing weight. I haven’t though-neither of those. I’m pretty sure we are not going to need to use a lot of Spanish skills, it is a resort and a touristy type of town.

Today is the Massage for the Cure day. Some people participate in the Race…others of us have a relaxing 55 minute massage. Whatever it takes to cure cancer, right?

And why haven’t we found a cure for breast cancer? Is it really that impossible to figure out how it works and then kill it?? Why hasn’t Al Gore helped out with this?
Speaking of cancer-sad for Patrick Swayze. Who doesn’t love Dirty Dancing?
Not to speak ill of the dead, but um, well (brace yourself)…he really wasn’t that great of an actor. Sorry. You can be mad all you want, but he was not the best! I’m just saying. It doesn’t belittle his life in anyway…but let’s just say it like it is. He was successful – but he wasn’t the best.
Like Michael Jackson in a way---he was successful and great at music, but he was not the best human. Sorry. He wasn’t.
Sad for them, but let’s not act like Superman just died.
And don’t get me started on Superman. Man of steel, turns back time, etc….but THAT is his outfit of choice?? And being a reporter is the best way for him to make a living?? Man of steel…not of brains.
And why doesn’t Spiderman wear a cup? He is not the man of steel and he’s putting it out there that he is wearing a onesie with no protection down below?
Anyway…sad for Patrick Swayze. Sad for those people who loved him.

Anyone else have the Samsung Omnia? I love LOVE this phone---but I don’t feel that it fully loves me. Like why does it think it is using a lot of memory when I haven’t downloaded any programs? And why does it sometimes just shut itself completely off with no warning or reasoning whatsoever and refuse to come back on and I have to physically take the battery off to restart it? And why can’t I select what I want to show on my main screen (the Today screen it’s called)? I can select three things or a bunch of things, but I can’t pick and choose what my bunch are-they are preloaded things…are you following? If you were cool enough to have a Samsung Omnia you would be! And if you were smart AND cool enough-you would know how to use it, which obviously, I am not.

16 comments:

  1. natalee said...:

    Im so sad about Patrick Swayze too....awww

  1. Keely said...:

    How do you know Spiderman doesn't wear a cup? Did you peek?

  1. otin said...:

    It really sucks that as you get older and require more sleep, you end up having to pee more often?? Life makes no sense.

  1. Marketing Mama said...:

    Yeah, I feel ya. When celebrities die that I'm not a fan of, or for that matter, people I know in real life, I feel strange about it. Everyone else is gushing and I'm like, um, sad for their families that they died, but I'm not sad. Hmmm.

  1. Is cheese a vegetable, that's funny. And, I'm excited about my government gift this year too! We put new windows in that are energy efficient (and awesome, but you don't really get money for awesomeness, even though you should) so we get a pretty cool tax break too! Stopped by from SITS!

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    lol I never thought Swayze was that great an actor, just kind of hot.

  1. Momma G.Love said...:

    I would love to know why your bladder doesn't get bigger too? I would love to stretch that sucker out.

    ...stopping by from SITS...

    Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

    pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

  1. Jay said...:

    I'm going to get a mask for my car and then rename it Zoro. Wait. It's currently named Carmela, after the one I could never have. So, maybe I could rename her Elena Montero? Nah, I don't want to hurt her feelings.

    Anyway, I was never a big Swayze fan either. But, I have been using the line "Pain don't hurt" for two days now.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. ;-)

  1. love love love the car mask comment. why are our kids so much funnier than we are?

  1. Portland Rose said...:

    OMG:
    1. I've told Andrew that bras, masks whatever are not cool. Why won't he listen to me!? Maybe he knows whats cool better than me. Whatever.
    2. Shut up. I love Patrick Swayze! Haven't you seen Ghost? Dirty Dancing is one of the best movies of all time. We can no longer be friends. No one is claiming he was the BEST actor but he was a well-loved actor and was in movies that brought a lot of joy to people (like me!). Ugh...I can't wait to give a speech at your funeral.
    3.WHy didnt you invite me to Mexico
    4.Im getting a new phone today. That doesn't make me want the one you have.

  1. Pam said...:

    The car mask cracked me up. I can't wait until you get to go to Mexico! I am so ready for a visit somewhere with a resort!

  1. Yaya said...:

    I really hope they find a cure for cancer.

    Yay Mexico!

    I need a bigger bladder.

  1. Krimmyk said...:

    Stopped in from SITS Your idea for cancer research is brilliant! I have the same views as you on celebrity deaths for sure! I think I remember they made Batman's thingy bigger for the movies. I can't have a touch screen phone, they hate me...feeling mutual. But they ARE pretty darn cool {looks lovingly at her Curve}! GL on your 25 comments on Wednesday.

  1. A home entertainment system is something that goes in your house.

    Also, I think Spiderman must wear a cup or something just to keep his junk in place when he's doing all that jumping.

  1. kilax said...:

    One year! Wow, time flies. Congrats!

  1. Wow girl! You're difficult to keep up with. I was laughing at the car bra...I mean mask and then sad about breast cancer and happy that you're getting house money, going to Mexico, at your job for a year and loving you're phone. That was a lot to cram into one post and I feel a bit manic after reading it :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails