Welcome, Fluffy, Our Newest Pet!!

We haven't gotten him yet - but we will!!!

The Dolphin Adventure place in Puerto Vallarta has a Trainer for the Day package you can buy.

Normal people swim with a dolphin and they get 20 minutes with a group in the water with a dolphin. Or you can upgrade and spend 40 minutes. OR, if you are super-special-mega cool like me--you'll be ready to pay out the nose to capture a dolphin, name it Fluffy, put it in your suitcase and bring it home to your bathtub.



Your new home Fluffy!

But if you're like me, you are cheap and don't like to pay for anything full-price. So in looking online, I found that you can reserve it online and get a 15% discount. 15%??!! That's great and all, for normal folk. Not for Kaylen.

I did some searching around and I happened upon another website for the same company. BUT this website says that your online reservation discount is 30%!! And THAT my friends is a discount I can work with.

Slight problem-the discount isn't working on the online reservation system, however, after just about 6 attempts to talk to a live person at this company - I found someone who confirmed that the 30% site that I found is an old link and it should have been taken down when they put up their new site, the one with the crappy 15% discount.

Being the savvy shopper I am, I immediately asked if she would honor the 30%, since I saw that one ages ago and have been planning and budgeting for that price and we'd really like to do the larger package but it's much too much without the bigger discount...and even before I got to the part where I was going to offer to bring our own fish food for Fluffy, she agreed with me that since the site was misleading, she would absolutely honor the 30% discount! Wonderful!!! How can I pass that up??

I can't!!

I think I'm going to go take a bath so I can enjoy the spa tub in my master bath before Fluffy takes it over.

17 comments:

  1. Nat said...:

    You are so savvy, Miss Kaylen! :) Way to go!

  1. BJ_Mama said...:

    Can you come over and make my phone calls like that? I always wimp out.

    Your Sitsta..

  1. Momma G.Love said...:

    Way to go!

    ...stopping by from SITS...

    Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

    pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

  1. I've always wanted to cuddle with a dolphin in a hot tub...ever get a dolphin massage?? Woooo-weeee!

  1. Date Girl said...:

    I have always always wanted to swim with dolphins, it's on my bucket list! Have a great time, and good job on getting the deal!

  1. You're going to need those savings to pay for fish. Those bastards eat a lot.

  1. visiting from SITS. i am impressed by your savvy negotiating skills! can you come with me next time i buy a used car? also loved the madonna post. you reeled me in girl. when you get a sec, come check me out too!

  1. otin said...:

    I see dolphins all of the time when I go fishing!

  1. Eva Gallant said...:

    Good work! stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the sam e.

  1. Jmuch2005 said...:

    you are hilarious! Your posts crack me up (when they are supposed too).
    love you
    Jen

  1. ModernMom said...:

    Found you through Speaking from The Crib
    What a fab idea! I was one of those who did the hour long training thing in the Bahamas and the time just flew by!! You are giong to have the best time and at a discount! Woo Hoo!

  1. Pam said...:

    Good for you for getting the discount! I bet you will have a super cool time. I am jealous!

  1. Dude! Spa tub? Screw Fluffy, adopt ME!

  1. Slyde said...:

    if you buy a dolphin i am SO comming over to play with him!

  1. carma said...:

    enjoy!! I'm the same way with discounts - a paltry 15% pfffftttt....drives my husband crazy.

  1. Yaya said...:

    I'm jealous!!!!

    Good job finding good deals!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails