Random Thoughts Tuesday - Put Down the Twinkie and Pick up the Cupcake

randomtuesday
Random Thoughts Tuesday is hosted by Keely. You can read other random thoughts by clicking above.

Diana Gabaldon Outlander bookI went to a book store last night to meet one of the greatest authors, Diana Gabaldon.
She told some wonderfully funny stories and explained how she came to be an author and the history of her books. And I just LOVE her.

If you don't know of her, it is time to come out from under the rock and go to your local library and pick up the first in her Outlander series, aptly titled Outlander. It's from 1991, so the library will have it. There will probably be 20 copies actually, because the library probably has 40 of them because it is a GREAT book! I'm not kidding.





I don't understand the Jay Leno Show - how is this different from the Tonight Show??? I just don't get it. It's the SAME show!! I'm not a big Leno fan.



My cat likes to lick plastic. I think this is fairly normal for some cats. The other day there was a small plastic candy wrapper in her poop. It was a kind of candy neither my son or I think has been in our new house. That would mean that this particular piece of plastic took about 4.5 months to make it through Ginger's body. This was not an intended experiment, but it does have very interesting results. And who knows what else will come out of her....



I busted out the electric blanket this week. It has been COLD. I don't want to turn the heat on in the house. I think the blanket is much cheaper.



I want a 2nd job, just part-time, to bring in some money to pay for my lavish lifestyle. I'd like it to be something I can do online, something I can do while I watch mindless television, something I can do in my pajamas, and something that pays big money. If you hear of anything, please email me directly. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. If you find that part-time job let me know - I want one like that too!!

  1. Jessica said...:

    I thought the same thing about the Jay Leno show, I keep waiting for it to be different and funny, I don't think he is funny...why did he switch?

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    OMG Diana Gabaldon is my favorite author! I love that series and I can't wait for the next one. I heard they were going to make Outlander into a movie eventually. That would be so awesome!

  1. Jay said...:

    If I come across a job that meets that description, I'll let you know. After, I make sure it doesn't cost ME that job to tell you about it, that is. LOL ;-)

  1. Yaya said...:

    Ha! Candy wrappers!

  1. Raven said...:

    My cat likes to lick candy wrappers, books, cell phones, iPods, it's weird.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails