And A Happy Thanksgiving to You, And You, And You, And Especially You!

said the Pilgrams to the Indians as they accepted the feast that was presented to them...and as they plotted the need to slaughter these "savages."

As I've said before, this holiday of ours is somewhat misleading. Yes, let's give thanks, blahblah, but let's not forget what happened to the Indians. This was their land ya know...those were their buffalo, those were their gene pool (thanks for the new diseases Europe).

So I won't mention it again (this year)....we've covered the travesty of it all.
Not much more to say except:

Thanks!!!!
Thanks to my family.
Thanks to my friends.
Thanks to my blogger-friends (who deserve their own category).
Thanks to my teenager, who I was angry at last night but have forgiven him (as always) and love him more than anything.
Thanks to Ginger, the cutest girl cat in our house, for cuddling up on the couch with me every time I sit down.
Thanks to Whiskers, the best boy cat in our house, for being so obnoxious it's cute sometimes and for his fun dog-like personality.
Thanks to Honda - I love my CRV and Andrew loves his Civic.
Thanks to the handyman friend who came to my house at 11pm last night when I discovered my oven was not working and I thought I would have to alert Obama to cancel this holiday.
Thanks to Comcast for the music channels, which is necessary since Mtv has failed us in the music category (for a variety of reasons, but mostly for not playing any music).
Thanks to Selma, my recycling friend who wanders the streets and who gave me the most grateful smile and handshake I've had in ages.
Thanks to Peter Gabriel for "In Your Eyes."
Thanks to the inventor of yoga pants, the most comfortable thing in the world.
Thanks to all the U.S. Military and their families.
Thanks to Samsung for making the best phone ever.
Thanks to all my volunteers, who make my job as a Volunteer Project Leader way too easy.
Thanks to Gmail (no explanation needed-it's that awesome).

9 comments:

  1. otin said...:

    You're welcome!!! LOL!

  1. carma said...:

    I must pick up some yoga pants! Also giving thanks to Honda for my Element ;-) Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    hope you had a great thanksgiving! glad you got the oven working. smiles.

  1. Nat said...:

    Happy Thanksgiving!

  1. Pam said...:

    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    I'm thankful that the passing of turkey day means the holiday season is halfway over.

  1. Great list of things to be thankful for... I love my yoga pants, too!!
    I knew you'd get over being mad at Andrew!! You can't be angry at teenage sons for very long, they usually do something sweet pretty soon!
    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    What's up with MTV not playing music; it's just wrong.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails