Cleanin' Blood and Guts and Stuff - Sunshine Cleaning


I just watched this indy film called Sunshine Cleaning.

It's about a girl who is working as a cleaning lady who stumbles into this opportunity to clean up crime scenes, which is a fairly lucrative business it seems.

I have actually thought about this before - when someone dies an unfortunate death, there's going to be a mess. And someone, a normal person, has to go in and clean that mess. Who are these people?? Apparently, they are just like you and I. It's a job they do. And someone has to do the job.

The movie has a behind the scenes special feature report on two sweet little ladies who actually do this for a living and they are totally normal, very sweet ladies who just do this job and are proud of the work they do. They help out where there's a need. It's very interesting...

It's a cute little movie. Nothing really spectacular, but an easy movie to watch. It stars Amy Adams, who is wonderful.
Anyone see this yet?

10 comments:

  1. Yaya said...:

    Yeah, I could never do that job.

  1. Nat said...:

    I haven't seen it, but I remember that it looked interesting. I'll have to put it on the ol' Netflix queue.

    I agree with Yaya; I could never do that job.

  1. kilax said...:

    I heard of it when it came out. A friend of mine watched it and didn't like it, but we don't have the same taste. I think it's in our queue.

  1. otin said...:

    Have not seen it. I am not sure that I would want that job.

  1. Raven said...:

    No, I hadn't even heard of it. I might have to rent it though if or when it's on DVD. I don't know if I could do that for a living. I'd probably throw up everywhere.

  1. Anti-Supermom said...:

    Sunshine Cleaning was funny, in a very dry, cleaning up dead people kind of a way.

    Little Miss Sunshine is a favorite of mine though (it's the same makers, who happen to require the use of *sunshine* in their movie titles).

    Not that you asked, consider this your something learned for the day :)

  1. Lynette said...:

    thanks i was wondering about that movie

  1. krista said...:

    there is also another indie movie that deals with a woman who cleans up crime scenes. it's not light and fun, though. it's strange and a bit macabre in only the way indie movies from 10 years ago can be. it's called 'curdled.' that should tell you something about it right there. i do remember thinking it was good, though.

  1. I almost went into Forensics, I can handle all kinds of blood and guts, but I cannot handle stomach contents - not even when my kids throw-up, stems from all my own vomiting from migraines. So there is no way I could do this job because all of the "bodily functions" stop when a person dies and the "fluids and solids" are then "expelled". YEA, NOT a job for me!!!
    Haven't seen the movie and don't think I will.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails