Generic Bloggers Unite!!

I may have mentioned this before, but I started blogging as a way to pass time at my pointless job - my old job, not my current job. I didn't share my website with my friends/family and I didn't ever talk about it.
It was just blogging, just for bloggings sake.

I didn't have a "follow me" button and I didn't even know what an RSS feed was.
There was no facebook back in the day (not for most of us anyway), and I'm not sure whether the term Mommy Blogger was known outside of the Mommy Blogger circle.

I don't feel like I fit in a category, I am not really a mommy blogger - though my son is the highlight of my life, he is not the highlight of my blog. He's too old. We're too boring. He'd kill me if I publish any more than I already do. He's seventeen...he really is only interested in girls, his friends and his car (maybe in that order).

So here I am ...in the generic "personal blog" category.
With less than 100 followers, just barely over 100 subscribers, and very few networked blog friends on Facebook (I just thought to add that recently cause it seemed the latest cool thing to do). I'm not sure if I care if I'm a popular blogger....but I do appreciate each and every one of you. Sorry I bore you. Sorry I insult you. I hope you sometimes read my blog and smile, maybe even laugh a little.

I'm generic to the internet...
I wish I would have planned better and picked a theme or topic and totally wowed you all to pieces.

Oh - did I mention that maybe about 65% of the time that I go to blog, I sing a particular song to myself. Do generic bloggers sing old hip-hop/rap songs when they blog? No. I am definitely beyond generic.

I hope we don't all sing the same song when we blog...how embarrassing.

Digital Underground: The Humpty Dance.
I only sing the good lines - the bolded blue below - I have no idea why this song is not still a number one hit with these lyrics (no, I'm not serious):


All right! Stop whatcha doin'
'cause I'm about to ruin
the image and the style that ya used to.
I look funny,but yo I'm makin' money, see

so yo world I hope you're ready for me.
Now gather round I'm the new fool in town
and my sound's laid down by the Underground.
I drink up all the Hennessey ya got on ya shelf
so just let me introduce myself
My name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty.
Yo ladies, oh how I like to hump thee.
And all the rappers in the top ten--please allow me to bump thee.
I'm steppin' tall, y'all,and just like Humpty Dumpty
you're gonna fall when the stereos pump me.
I like to rhyme, I like my beats funky,I'm spunky.
I like my oatmeal lumpy.
I'm sick wit dis, straight gangsta mack but sometimes I get ridiculous
I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice
hey yo fat girl, c'mere--are ya ticklish?
Yeah, I called ya fat. Look at me, I'm skinny
It never stopped me from gettin' busy
I'm a freak I like the girls with the boom
I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom

I'm crazy. Allow me to amaze thee.
They say I'm ugly but it just don't faze me.
I'm still gettin' in the girls' pants
and I even got my own dance
{Chorus:} (edited because it's not part of my blogger
song)
People say "Yo, Humpty, you're really funny lookin'"
that's all right 'cause I get things cookin'
Ya stare, ya glare, ya constantly try to compare me
but ya can't get near meI give 'em more, see, and on the floor, B,all the
girls they adore me
Oh yes, ladies, I'm really bein' sincere
'cause in a 69 my humpty nose will tickle ya rear.
My nose is big, uh-uh, I'm not ashamed
Big like a pickle, I'm still gettin' paid
I get laid by the ladies, ya know I'm in charge,both how I'm livin' and my
nose is large
I get stoopid, I shoot an arrow like Cupid,
I use a word that don't mean nothin', like looptid
I sang on Doowhutchalike, and if ya missed it,
I'm the one who said just grab 'em in the biscuits
Also told ya that I like to bite
Well, yeah, I guess it's obvious, I also like to write.
All ya had to do was give Humpty a chance and now I'm gonna do my dance.






And when I mention that I'm a blogger to anyone ever - EVER, I just sing this one line repeatedly:
Well, yeah, I guess it's obvious, I also like to write.

14 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    definitely not generic...had not heard that in forever...lol.

  1. otin said...:

    I have no idea what kind of blogger that I am? Humor blogger, sometimes, but not usually. Meme blogger? A few days a week. I guess that I am really just a whatever hits me at the moment blogger!

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    One of the reasons I like you is that we both have older teens, which we very rarely blog about. It seems like we have our own little "niche". I also like to think we're both funny. Although some days, I seem to garner more pity than I do laughs. Sigh.

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    I say you are an awesome blogger.

  1. kilax said...:

    I definitely think I am a generic blogger, and like that. I don't want to pigeon-hole myself! :) I like being an all and everything blog - it's freeing! :)

  1. Maribeth said...:

    Usually when I mention I am a blogger people look at me with a quizzical look and ask, "What's a Blog?"

  1. Katie Lane said...:

    Sometimes I wish I didn't have a theme to my blog - it's like I should be able to blog about anything but it holds me back sometimes. The way you blog works for you so that's great, keep it up!

  1. Lynette said...:

    yeah i think that is what drew me here too wanting to write and be heard by someone

  1. carma said...:

    Generic Bloggers with Teenage Sons Unite!!!

    And how often I've thought to myself, if only I had a skill, like cooking or crafting so I could have a niche blog and maybe be successful. Alas, the few skills I have are not niche blog-worthy. Generic blogging it shall remain!

  1. kyooty said...:

    OK you must be young. :P I;ve never heard this song or it may have escaped my Radar! :) No no singing while blogging, just writing when the feeling hits.

  1. ♥georgie♥ said...:

    LOVE that song!
    Love your blog!
    You are not generic!
    I only have 6 subscribers...lol your blog rocks and i am so glad to have found you/it

  1. C-Mac said...:

    Word to everyone here: The Humpty Dance is only 99 cents on iTunes, and will pay for itself in hours of playback. Works well on the stair climber at the gym.

    Jam Master C

  1. krista said...:

    you have quite the lot of followers! i only have a few...thank goodness :-)
    and you're not generic. generic people don't humpty.

  1. Jay said...:

    I don't do the networked blogs thing on Facebook because my blog and facebook are separate. I have a lot of family members on facebook and they don't need to know anything about my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails