Guess Whose Birthday is TODAY??!!!

Not mine - even BETTER ---it's my baby's day today!!

The good moms out there probably plan a wonderful, glowing, loving and heartfelt letter to their children on their birthday.
We can't all be good....however - let's all wish me a happy anniversary of giving birth.

Oh - And a HUGE Happy Birthday to the light of my life, my one and only, my first and best, the greatest and most wonderful son I could have ever hoped for.....
ANDREW!!!


Andrew was a great baby...as far as babies go, I mean. He cried when he needed to, but luckily, he had this logic streak in him from year 5 and on. He was easy to deal with because he accepted logical answers.

Andrew loved to read from the start, which is how I knew he wasn't switched at birth. There was nothing greater than cuddling up in bed with my 4 year old and having him toddle in with so many books he could not see around them and plan to spend a few hours just reading. We would alternate between us reading together and us reading our own books (which usually consisted of him telling a story around the pictures in the book and me reading my own book -mothers learn early on how to block out noise!).


He's also always had a love for all things furry and feathered. He's had a heart of gold and is sweet as can be...and if dogs didn't smell and jump and lick everyone, I would totally have fulfilled his forever-wish/whine/demand/pleas to get him a dog, cause I know he would just love to have one (and he's welcome to find his own when he moves out in 2 yrs!).



He's got a great smile and a wonderful laugh and it has been my favorite sound for the last 17 years.














He has been a great travel-partner, a wonderful companion, a joy to be around at least 90% of the time (he is still a child!). I just love him to pieces!!!



I bought this Happy Birthday sign for his first birthday - best $20.00 I have spent as it has been our primary birthday decoration for 16 years (we did not take it to Korea with us so I had to make a homemade sign that year). Every year I get a picture of him and his friends and/or family in front of it. Some day I will be organized enough to compile all those photos and it will be a nice watch-him-grow collage. Next year might be a good time to do that, as I'm not sure I can get him to stand in front of this sign after he goes off to college.

Andrew in the front.



Andrew on the far left.



He does wacky and crazy faces, poses, behaviors, and sounds.
He asks hilarious questions (is cheese a vegetable?).
He's a great singer (though won't do so on command), he can play a mean guitar (sigh...more guns-n-roses? Really?).
He is persistent about making sure his hair is in exactly the right spot ALL the time.
He is not enormously smelly, considering he's a boy.
He is a great person to play board games with - though he consistently tells people I cheat (and I don't have to - I'm just REALLY good).
He does ridiculous things (like training his cat to lay down).
He can't pick up his socks to save his life. Wait...edit that last one.
He's super-amazingly smart and great at figuring out ways to get A's in almost all his classes without having to stress out all night over homework.
He has been grilling since he was 14 and has done better than any child ever should - he makes his own marinade and is great about washing his hands while cooking (the moms out there can appreciate this!).
I could go on....but the moral of the story is: Andrew is WONDERFUL.

And he's mine all mine!!

Happy 17th Birthday to my baby boy!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Pam said...:

    Congrats to your son on his 17th birthday. My daughter will be 17 in about five weeks and I can't believe the time has gone so swiftly!

  1. Lynette said...:

    congrats on the day! & i am glad im not the only person who feels this way w/my 22 yr old college girl

  1. Nat said...:

    You know what- he is a pretty awesome kid. Tell him I say Happy Birthday!

  1. Flea said...:

    Awww! Seventeen! He's so old! And he's handsome! I have a 16 year old girl, you know ...

  1. Abi said...:

    Ohh that was so cute it made me tear up :) happy birthday Andrew!

  1. kilax said...:

    Aww! Happy Birthday! Andrew sounds like a wonderful kid! I love all of the photos :)

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    Wow! I was flipping out over my daughter turning 16...Happy Birthday Andrew!

  1. Megan said...:

    Aww, A happy birthday to your son!!!

    Popping in from the SSS list! Have a great week!

  1. Mrsbear said...:

    Happy Birthday to him! My daughter just turned 15 in October and it was a moment. I didn't blog about it, but the milestone was all about me giving birth a decade and a half prior. ;) He sounds like a great kid. Hope he enjoyed his day.

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    Happy Birthday! 17 years...amazing!

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your son. Happy Birthday, Andrew. I love the pictures!
    Happy Anniversary to you on the birth of your son Kaylen!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails