The One Where I Don't Discuss Ft. Hood, Texas

Scary things going on these days.
I actually have an old friend who is stationed at Ft. Hood. I haven't spoken to him lately but I know that Ft. Hood is a HUGE place and the odds that my friend was anywhere near that mess on this particular day is low, right?

Right.

I don't want to discuss it, as I'm sure the rest of us are feeling just as overwhelmed with it as with any tragedy, being played out over and over in the news all day and night and probably will be for the next week, month, 3 months, maybe more...especially since the shooter lived and now we'll have to have a trial and all that.

It's so sad. I know there are so many families hurting and grieving....it's sad. That's all.
But I don't want to discuss it.

Back to Anderson Cooper....

**Update: Heard from my friend - he's fine!!**

9 comments:

  1. Abi said...:

    I'm really glad your friend is ok x

  1. Pam said...:

    I'm glad your friend is okay too!

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    Yes, glad he's ok, but I'm sure he is a little freaked out about being anywhere near it all.

  1. carma said...:

    Good news about your friend. And I'm wondering if it is best that the shooter lived; so he has the rest of his life to pay for his crime. Shame to have to waste a trial on this idiot, though.

  1. Slyde said...:

    the more i read about this, the stranger the story is. I for one am glad he survived... i think at some point hearing whatever the heck this sicko has to say can maybe put some kind of answer to SOMETHING about the whole mess..

  1. TQ said...:

    I am also glad to hear your friend is ok! I don't understand what in the world is wrong with people to where they go and do that. And then also that guy in Florida today who went into a workplace firing off his gun. Grrrr

  1. otin said...:

    Somewhere along the line, people figured out that they could go down in history by committing these attacks. It is a very sad state of affairs!

  1. Rebecca said...:

    So glad you're friend is okay! This just breaks my heart, and more bad news out of Florida today, it's why I don't watch the news!

    Stopping by as I try to visit all of the SSS participants.

  1. So glad your friend is OK. I checked with my son, who is in the Army to see if he knew anyone in Texas, and he didn't specifically, but he still considered them all his brothers and sisters in arms. It's been a tough few days for all of us in the military "family".
    Please keep the families of those who lost loved ones and those left behind in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails