Random Thoughts Tuesday - Just the Randomness, Nothing but the Randomness

I missed two Random Thoughts Tuesdays in a row!! I love random thoughts!!
I'm sure Keely missed me...luckily there are others who sign up for her random thoughts. Check it out here:
randomtuesday

But I'm back in the groove....hold on to your Ugg slippers everyone....

I still have some sharp tooth pain, but it comes and goes and I think it might just be my receding gums. Self-diagnosis....DONE! My way of feeling better is to use the sensitive toothpaste and just suffer during those small periods of time where it hurts.

I hate Halloween and all of the stupid calories that come with it!! Why do we have a holiday based around candy??? Lame. When I was teaching in Korea, I tried to convince the children that on Halloween, children bring their teachers chocolate. Only a couple of them did it because they really weren't sure if I was kidding. I love kids...they're so easy to influence.

During my speech at my volunteer events, at the part where I tell the group about the teen program we have available, I have taken to using the word "Holla" when I talk to them. For instance, "the teen program is really great, it's led by teens and is filled with teens and is a lot of fun...HOLLA! The usual response I get is blank stares. I feel like they might think I'm old....I hate kids...they're so snotty.

I absolutely HATE that show Two and a Half Men, with Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer and that pudgy boy who can't act at ALL...HATE it. Charlie's character is sooooo offensive and that kid is a HORRIBLE actor. HORRIBLE. I don't care that he's a child---there are some great child actors out there. But wait--that's not even the point - focus----the show itself is horrid, with the characters being the worst on any show ever. There's the playboy uncle (charlie) who just sleeps around and makes lewd comments. There's the single dad, who has horrible parenting skills. And that kid...ugh....that poor kid - who is rude and snotty and is not funny EVER. The one episode I saw was while I was trapped on a plane and I couldn't sleep and in it, the 14 yr old boy got drunk. Uncle Charlie Sheen thought it was funny. The dad didn't really care-he was busy dating two girls at once and having fun about dating two girls at once. UGH - I can't stand that show!!!! It upsets me. It really does. Let's not discuss this again, okay?

I'm in the middle of reading The Calligraphers Daughter by Eugenia Kim. I wasn't that into it until I got about halfway through, and now I'm actually quite interested in it and must get back to it. I may or may not have taken it in the car with me the last two times I went anywhere so I could read at red lights. I don't know where I heard of it, but I find myself pulled to most things Korean (as long as it's not kimchi) and this book spans the life of a Korean girl and the struggles she went through growing up. It's really quite good. I'm not done yet, but I would recommend it!! Add it to your list.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway - you have to comment to win! You have to win to get free movie tickets!!

15 comments:

  1. ♥georgie♥ said...:

    OMGosh i was LMAO@ During my speech at my volunteer events, at the part where I tell the group about the teen program we have available, I have taken to using the word "Holla" when I talk to them. For instance, "the teen program is really great, it's led by teens and is filled with teens and is a lot of fun...HOLLA! The usual response I get is blank stares. I feel like they might think I'm old....I hate kids...they're so snotty.

    Thats too funny and oh i so agree!!!!

  1. Portland Rose said...:

    LOL.....I laughed when you said Holla. I look young!

    Also, sorry again for my comment long ago about Two & A Half Men. I used to love it. It can get on your nerves after a while I will admit.

    I need a book to take to ID....I forgot to get one....maybe at the airport. Or maybe I still have a couple in the box-o-books that you gave me. I will look. Thanks for the reminder.

  1. Love your randomness!
    Thanks for the visit.

    Yeah.....Holla is soooo.........last week.
    Hmmm.....I'll go find out what is this week.
    But then by the time I pass it on, it will be old and you'll look dumb again. Sorry!

  1. Jay said...:

    I thought all of our holidays revolved around food and sweets. ;-)

    Kids annoy me.

    I've never watched Two and Half Men. I can't stand Charlie Sheen.

  1. Ashley said...:

    Hey, if you ever have dental problems I'm your girl. Dental assistant at your service! Holla!

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    I use the sensitive toothpaste because I can't stand insensitive toothpaste; it's not worth the emotional abuse.

  1. Abi said...:

    Ooooh that's made me think I should try Korean literature - I love Korean cinema so it only makes sense to branch out :D

    I also love kids, hate kids LOL HOLLA :D

    I have never sat through a whole episode of that show because it offends my sensibilities ;)

  1. Yaya said...:

    Love your 2 1/2 Men rant!

    Sorry your teeth are hurting. Ouch. You don't use teeth whitener do you? That stuff makes my teeth so sensitive.

  1. otin said...:

    The show is really dumb, but it doesn't offend me. Nothing really offends me. (Except for the obvious illegal acts)

    I did not drive 9 hours just to meet bloggers. My brother lives 45 miles from NYC.

  1. kyooty said...:

    Holla, happy Tuesday, I missed it this week. I'll continue to read everyone else's Randomness

  1. JennyMac said...:

    For instance, "the teen program is really great, it's led by teens and is filled with teens and is a lot of fun...HOLLA! The usual response I get is blank stares. I feel like they might think I'm old....I hate kids...they're so snotty.

    this literally made me laugh OUT LOUD.

  1. Pam said...:

    I completely agree about kids. They seem to get worse the older I get.
    Your son's comment cracked me up about the desert. I think you should make it just to see what he'll say! : )

  1. carma said...:

    Maybe you are clenching your teeth a lot? or grinding them at night. I have had horrible tooth pain to the point I thought something was seriously wrong, but it is always my grinding and it eventually goes away on its own.

    Those kids don't appreciate a good Holla?? sheesh!

  1. Nat said...:

    Kids are gullible. I once told one of the girls on the team that she owed me $100 just for being a great coach while we were at camp. Later that day she ran across the field and handed me a check. She thought I was serious that she owed $100 and ran over to her Mom right when she got there to get a check from her. It was so funny. I still try to convince her that she owes me money all the time.

  1. Don't feel bad, I'm so behind on the times, I don't even know what the heck "HOLLA" means or when it was popular! DOH!! And I really cannot stand todays teenagers, when my kids were teens, all there friends used to think I was the best mom. I wasn't really very lenient, but they knew that they could talk to me about anything and I would be honest with them, and they knew they could always come to my house and be safe. Today's teens are just all wackos!! (With the exception of yours, of course...)
    I love how gullable little kids are, though! And they are so cute...
    Have a great night... :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails