Sing Loud and Proud, My Froggy Friends!

My son can sing...like a little Liberace (in a non-opera way), or a Jimmy Buffet (in a non-drunkard way), or a young Frank Sinatra (in a non-romantic way)....get it? He's got pipes.

His mom, Me....can not. Not really at all.
I don't think it's a curable condition. I've tried many times to hit a note, or a pitch, a scale, or whatever singers "hit," but it's just not possible.

What's really fun for me, since I know I'm not ever going to sound the normal way regardless of how much I drink try, is to sing regular songs in different ways.

Tonight's songs in the shower were sung in the tone of: Kermit the Frog.


With a little bit of Satan-sounding demon thrown in.


And it makes that one Taylor Swift song that you hear any time you turn on the radio, at any given time of the day much more tolerable.

I like Alanis Morissette in the demon voice - she's great normally, but in demon-voice, she's extra vindictive sounding!

I usually really like to do rock or metal songs in an operatic way. Those are great!

Unfortunately, my young perfect-note/pitch-son is forced to listen to it. Sorry Punkinhead, Mama loves her music.

Anyone else do this? I think it's totally normal. Please do share in the comments. Confirm I am normal.

11 comments:

  1. Yaya said...:

    I wish I could sing.

  1. Lynette said...:

    my dear hubby has all kinds of voices in the shower with him....kinda strange. would prefer to hear singing instead. LOL

  1. kyooty said...:

    I enjoy the joy of watching the boys cringe when I sing:) and hearing "MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" as I did with my mother, I'm calling it tradition

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    I have a pleasant singing voice but only for songs like Christmas songs, folk music, etc. I can't sing contemporary music very well, or anything that requires a stronger more alto tone. But I sing anyway. =)

  1. Nat said...:

    The other day I entertained myself in the car by singing Christmas songs as if they were being fast-forwarded... yeah, you're normal. :)

  1. Jessica said...:

    I totally sing in the shower all the time. My husband and oldest hate it, my youngest always says you sing so nice, mama. :)

  1. Nessa said...:

    I can't sing either but I still do.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Turkey Butt

  1. S3XinthePantry said...:

    me too! I LOVE to sing, if only I could. I make the best of it and ham it up too.

    One day I'll take singing lessons, really!

  1. Yeah, I do the same thing... and I do it REALLY LOUD!! It's no fun being a mom, unless you embarrass your kids -- DUH!!
    My mother was really bad at singing because she would enunciate every single word. Like in a song if they sang the word as dancin' mom would have to say it as dancing making sure to get the full "ing" in there - and she was even more tone deaf than I was. OYE!!
    Happy Christmas caroling!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails