Amazing Things On The Horizon!

Amazing Thing #1:  I just learned of a new volunteer idea that is going to totally be my passion this year. Maybe. From what I've read so far, it looks to be AMAZING. I'm so very excited.  More details to come...

Amazing Thing #2:  My blogger-friend Yaya (and her husband) have finally been approved to adopt a little boy from foster care. I fully shed a tear when I first read about it. They have been trying to have a baby and/or adopt a baby for ages and I'm so excited for them!!!

Amazing Thing #3:  I won an award for volunteering. This isn't new news to me, I've known for a few months. They are making a video and are holding a big luncheon and it will be amazing. I'm not the only winner, but I'm the winner of a specific award and I'm beyond honored and beyond flattered. They also included Andrew in the award to acknowledge his volunteering, which is spectactular. I will probably post more details on that later.

Amazing Thing #4: I won two blogger awards recently!!! More details on those coming up. I won another one in the past but I kept forgetting to post about it and then I felt it was too late and now I feel like I am a crappy blogger award acceptor.

Amazing Thing #5: Nothing in the world helps destress you as a really relaxing and calm (aka lazy ) weekend followed by a Monday that involves a very long bubble bath and a good book.

Amazing Thing #6: I have THREE giveaways to post. THREE!! I will post one tomorrow night---so come back. If no one enters giveaways, the terrorists win. Don't let them win. Come back and leave a comment!

And a special thank you to everyone who said such wonderful things about my picture yesterday. When I posted it, I meant to say something about "what do you see when you look at your picture" but instead I made it all about me me me ME. But that worked out fairly well for me so it's all okay. I'm trying to be interactive but really, I just end up being self-centered. I'll work on it. Please have patience.

14 comments:

  1. Yaya said...:

    Thanks for the shout out! :)


    Volunteering is awesome. I always feel like something is missing in my life when I'm not taking the time to volunteer.

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    yay! lots of amazing things to be happy about! volunteering is a wonderful part of our lives. we get the boys involved as well and i think it makes all the difference int he world.

  1. Lynette said...:

    awards galore! love that you know how important it is to volunteer...wish we had more doing that!

  1. Ms. Diva said...:

    Wow!!! I love amazing things! Congrats on your awards!!!

  1. Congrats on your blog award! That's a fabulous way to start the day! ;-)

    Oh and I'm SO with you on the relaxing with a book thing. I can't even remember the last time I was able to sit down with a book that wasn't written for a two year old. LOL

    Oh and I saw you on SITS...I did see you! ;-)

    ~melody~

  1. ♥Georgie♥ said...:

    cant wait to hear about your new service project!
    congrats on the Volunteer award that is just awesome!
    and i am just beyond happy for yaya and her hubby

  1. Heather said...:

    All great amazing things! Congrats!

    Bubblebath...hmmm, great idea! Thanks, gotta go run the water.

  1. Brandy said...:

    wow - those are totally amazing things!

  1. Mrsbear said...:

    Congrats on the awards. Sound well deserved. Although what I'm most jealous of is your bubble bath and reading time. ;)

  1. Jenn said...:

    Ooh. 3 giveaways. Cool. I'll be back. Stopping by from SITS.

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    I'm so happy you got an award! It's nice to be appreciated for your efforts, but I'm sure that's not why you do it. :)

  1. Pam said...:

    What a great list of amazing things. Congrats on your awards. : )

  1. kilax said...:

    What a wonderful list! Congrats on the volunteering award! You are an inspiration! :)

  1. Such fabulously wonderful things for you.
    You deserve all the accolades thrust upon you! (WHOA... do I sound like a high-falootin writer??)
    Good for both you and Andrew for your volunteering award, I know it is something that is truly close to your heart - way to go people!
    Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails