I Survived Y2K+10

Remember Y2K? Ha, that was funny. I didn't stock up on water, I didn't buy extra batteries, and I didn't really fully believe that every computer in the world would be broken because no one in the computer world could figure out how to make a change on the date formatting. It just didn't seem logical to me.

This year I held a small NYE in the Suburbs get-together. It was an interesting mix of people....I found half of them via our local MeetIn.org group. Have you heard of it? It's an interesting concept really - people want to do stuff with other people, but we all live busy lives and whatnot and we don't always know how to get together with like-minded folks easily. So you go on this website and you can join in with activities with others---like one time we went to a local parrot sanctuary, or a group went to the local velvet art museum, or they have tons of concerts and a gazillion bar hopping events...it's easy. I've met some VERY good friends via this route. I've met some very strange people via this route. And every type of personality in-between. It's like a crap shoot really, sometimes you end up with a full group of amazing people who you get along really well with, sometimes you just have a couple. Either way---you're not alone, you get to do an activity, and you usually find at least one person who you can become great friends with. And so it was.....last night on NYE. We had a group of people, some strangers, some not, come together for drinks, drinks, drinks and a lot of talking and a lot of drinks.

Okay, not everyone had a lot of drinks.

But this one definitely did:

I'm not completely sure what she was doing, or why her hand looks like a mutated foot...but I know that after I took this she screeched out: Do not post that fucking  picture on your fucking blog! Naturally, I had to...I will refrain from posting the other six photos I took of her in various drunken poses-like the toilet praying one, or the one with her shooing me out of the bedroom when she passed out...

To be fair - here's a picture of me fairly intoxicated:

I appreciate how my hair is hiding my double chin and how it hides the fact that my crossover v-neck shirt had my chest half-exposed (a dilemma I fretted over most of the night).

You know how you have a party and at some point, someone will spill a drink, or make a mess in some way? One of the wonderful guests topped anything that could have happened later in the night by spilling a very large margarita across the room in the first 15 minutes of the party. I remained quite calm (in shock really) and before I even really had a chance to do a whole lot of work, the boys (my minions) were on top of it!


Bruce, featured in orange, was the hero of the night and used a rug shampooer for twenty minutes and got almost every drop of this off the floor. He is invited to EVERY party I may ever have.

Bruce, the carpet hero, also made the absolute best margaritas EVER:


I would drink this every night. EVERY night!!!!

It was a great New Years Eve overall. I had to work that day, so I had been up since 630...and a few of us stayed up all night talking....so I ended up being awake for 24 hours. That's a bit much for someone at my ripe old age....but the conversations and whatnot (drunkass Amy) were entertaining.

Hope everyone had a great time welcoming in the new year.  2009 was really good to me and I am looking forward to 2010!


Any drunken stories to share from your NYE night?

15 comments:

  1. otin said...:

    I have a feeling that we did not see the good pictures! lol!

    I think that you looked great in your drunken state! I am serious!

  1. Heather said...:

    Looks like a VERY good time! Love the pictures...awesome pic of you by the way. I always love pictures where my double chin miraculously is hidden through some photographic magic.

  1. April said...:

    Love that pic of you! Glad you had a great New Year's. Let's hope 2010 rocks!

  1. Sounds like you had a good time, but I'm with Otin. Where's the good pics?

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    Great pic of you, great pic of margarita! I want one!! I'm glad you had such a good time. :)

  1. Nat said...:

    Haha awesome pics. Gotta love Amy. :)

  1. Mrs4444 said...:

    I suppose you could end up part of a "motley crue" through that site, but look where being motley took the band! haha I am definitely going to check that out. Have a wonderful 2010!

  1. Heather said...:

    I can feel the hangover already! Looks like a great get together with lots of laughs and fun.

  1. Mrsbear said...:

    The margarita looks yummy. And you photograph really well for someone who is only a little bit plastered. Glad your party was a success. Hope you have a great 2010.

  1. Brandy said...:

    that picture of the best margarita ever looks kinda like dog poop. that being said - i'd still drink it.

  1. Serenityville said...:

    i like your dog poop glass

  1. carma said...:

    Bruce kicks butt. 'nuff said.

  1. I think that is a great photo of you - you look gorgeous!! And that drink looks so yummy!! Can you send your minions over to help my poor hubby clean up our house from Christmas? He has to do all the work because I'm still recuperating from surgery.
    Looks like everyone had a great time, you should cut loose more often!! :-)

  1. Anonymous said...:

    As always you look great in that pic. How come I wasn't invited..?!!! I would've helped. Glad you had great time... xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails