Squeeze Them and Hug Them and Never Let Them Go...

Oh dear sweet baby jesus/buddha/allah...I LOVE this sweet little furball we call Whiskers.

I'm not devoting my blog to cats yet, but I must tell you (because I have nothing substantial to blog about) how much I truly LOVE this cat!!!



We originally were told he was a British Blue, but then I read more about it and felt like he was more like a Russian Blue...but then I did a ton of research one night and found out he's a special type from Thailand.

He's clearly a special cat. He will harass us until we want to strangle him because he wants water - not from a bowl, but a live stream. From a bathtub or a sink. All the time.The little squeaky cry is cute the first few times, but then it just becomes harassing.

He lays quite still while Andrew cuts his nails - not normal.

He will lay turn a little circle and squeak once and then lay down when Andrew does the hand motion (a dog training motion) and says Whiskers DOWN. He goes down to the ground about 90% of the time. We're trying to get it on film, stay tuned for that must-see video.

And he poses for photos, like poses long enough for me to get my phone out, turn it on, select camera, wait for it to start the camera program and then give it a few seconds to focus, and then take the photo....and typically I can get multiple shots because he really is posing:





This is not an action shot - he was laying like this for the longest time while Andrew rubbed his belly. I had Andrew move his hand for the photo.




He likes his chin scratched. Who doesn't?


What feline sits like this?  Just our little Whiskers.

I'm totally a closet crazy cat lady. Please bear with me.

17 comments:

  1. Yaya said...:

    Oh my gosh, Too cute!!

  1. Brandy said...:

    i understand. I miss my cat. your whiskers is a keeper.

  1. Jay said...:

    I don't have anything against cats. I'm just allergic to them. I had one adopt me about a year ago. Somebody in the complex moved away and just abandoned their cat. She hung out outside my door all the time, but I couldn't take her in. Finally my upstairs neighbor did and she was happy.

  1. Lynette said...:

    yeah you will be the lady with 50 kitties one day.....lol not really i understand those special animals that are really human

  1. April said...:

    I hate that loving my cat makes me perceived as crazy!
    He looks like an awesome cat!

  1. Kaylen,
    The cat is adorable... however, you NEED to get OUT of the house!!! :-)

    Hey, girlie, you have an award on my blog:
    http://wmljshewbridge.blogspot.com/2010/01/blogger-buddy-award.html

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    That cat is obviously a model.

  1. Anonymous said...:

    This is a crazy cat, try to near it!! Cats are not human people, would you like to be called a cat.

  1. Heather said...:

    Love it! My Whiskers won't sit that long, by time I get the camera ready..he's gone!

  1. Paul Wynn said...:

    hahah, talk about a serious poser

  1. kilax said...:

    You SHOULD start a cat blog! We did, but have not made it public yet - still working on it. I love Whiskers! He is a total poser! That cleaning shot is too funny!

  1. Portland Rose said...:

    I think I would love Whiskers too if she would hang out sometime. Also, lets not start animal blogs....mmmmmK?

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    I have a cat I love immensely, but she tolerates me alone, so everyone else hates her. She'll let me do anything to her. You can tell she hates it, but she lets me do it. If anyone else picks her up she growls.

  1. Flea said...:

    We need more crazy cat ladies in the world. Keep that stereotype alive.

  1. Suzy said...:

    Animals are so much better than people. Or maybe it's just the people I know?

  1. That is one gorgeous cat. We have one too-but she has NO pedigree--Lady Violet is merely a stray farm cat who made her way to our house when she was a kitten.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails